Honestly can't believe what I read on twitter | The Boneyard

Honestly can't believe what I read on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fans from some schools who would kill to have some of our recent athletic success just savaging us. Mostly bitter Louisville fans. Did they do the same thing to Pitt? Syracuse? Rutgers? Than the football ACC fans like VA Tech and FSU. If football was so important to them maybe they should demand their own schools step up their games and stop looking for other football programs to leech off of. Just 2 years ago it was Louisville at the bottom of the Big East in football. They make it sound like Louisville is a top 10 football program. Things change quickly. Why didn't these people demand Louisville be invited over Pitt and Cuse? They weren't for the same reasons hopefully they won't be invited over us, they are a 3rd tier commuter school in a state dominated by Kentucky.

I think no matter what happens this whole ordeal has taught me how badly UConn has sold it's self nation wide. We seemed to be viewed very negatively and I honestly don't know why.

Reaction Score
When there are only 2 people left on the Titanic and there is only one seat left in the lifeboat, this is what happens.

Reaction Score
@jasonkirksbn: Picking UConn over Louisville would again show why the ACC is the ACC: http://post original url/1Z1tRyGb

Reaction Score
Maybe we're viewed negatively b/c you're following the tweets of a bunch of idiot fans. I honestly can't believe people will regard what they read on twitter as a barometer for the rest of the thinking world

Reaction Score
I don't follow these people, I have been typing in UConn and UConn ACC to try to get some news and instead you read these comments about us.

Reaction Score
I think no matter what happens this whole ordeal has taught me how badly UConn has sold it's self nation wide. We seemed to be viewed very negatively and I honestly don't know why.
Idiot southern sports fans tweeting things and writing on bleacher report does not have anything to do with how we've sold ourselves as a brand.

Reaction Score
Maybe we're viewed negatively b/c you're following the tweets of a bunch of idiot fans. I honestly can't believe people will regard what they read on twitter as a barometer for the rest of the thinking world

I guess it all depends on "who" you follow MattP. Lot of legitimate-mainstream sources there.

Reaction Score
Why would the ACC want Louisvillve? It's not big time football and what is the attractiveness of that market to them instead of solidifying NE and prescence in NYC market?

Who knows, no idea on anything.

Reaction Score
I dunno, I can kind of sympathize with Louisville fans at this point. Just because their market isn't very attractive they're potentially being left out in the cold despite playing awesome football and basketball lately. If UConn were in that spot, I'd be pissed. And we might still be...

Reaction Score
lol, who cares what people say about it on twitter. Think Rutgers cares that thousands of midwesterners are crapping all over them right now?

edit: and I can't blame Lousiville fans. but their day will come, be it to the ACC or Big12.

Reaction Score
I dunno, I can kind of sympathize with Louisville fans at this point. Just because their market isn't very attractive they're potentially being left out in the cold despite playing awesome football and basketball lately. If UConn were in that spot, I'd be pissed. And we might still be...

I can understand it but the lack of perspective and flat out lies about us are BS. Louisville is having a strong year in football this year. 2 years ago they were the worst team in the league with Syracuse.

I guess what I am saying is I don't understand how you can invite Pitt and Syracuse and than act like inviting UConn is turning your league into a football laughing stock. We are not a great football program. But in our worst year this year we still beat Maryland and Pitt and almost beat NC State.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Too logical. Funny how people can read all the hysterical posts in these forums and believe we are primarily rational thinking people. Those fans are just doing their best imitation of us but from different perspectives.

Reaction Score
Louisville tried desperately to WVU in their move to the big 12. I'm afraid they're going to try the same with us and I'm even more afraid they might succeed.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Too logical. Funny how people can read all the hysterical posts in these forums and believe we are primarily rational thinking people. Those fans are just doing their best imitation of us but from different perspectives.
(National Flag) Blue state vs. (Cardinal) Red state.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A couple of Uconn fans have upped the ante. This should be good to watch if you have some time to kill.

Reaction Score
Louisville tried desperately to rooster block WVU in their move to the big 12. I'm afraid they're going to try the same with us and I'm even more afraid they might succeed.

What could they do to block us if we're invited? I really feel for the UofL fans, and we shouldn't count our chickens yet as we still may be in this NNNBE for a long time. It seems to me they'll be a natural invite to the B12. I can't imagine the B12 wants to stay at 10 for too long. If we go to the ACC, and UofL and Cinci go to the B12, I'll be basically satisfied with the overall outcome, but I'd really hate to see any of those 3 teams stuck in the lurch. The school that probably got the biggest shaft was USF. They stepped up to BCS level football, have done pretty well, and now have zero chance of being invited to a "Top 5" conference.

Reaction Score
The question is whether Phil Knight and Kevin Plank have pockets as deep as Papa John.

Reaction Score
The question is whether Phil Knight and Kevin Plank have pockets as deep as Papa John.

I'd like to see the hypocrite pony up a shitload of cash while claiming he's got to lay off people because of Obamacare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom