Hometown article on Gabby Williams | The Boneyard

Hometown article on Gabby Williams

Reaction Score
“I still know there’s a lot of things I need to work on,” Williams said. “I’m definitely not satisfied at all with where I’m at. At the same time, it’s also motivating. Now it’s in reach. I can get that.” Gabby, a big part of your success at UConn is the fact that you do truly "get it". Your amazing metamorphosis into a player that can dominate both offensively and defensively has tilted the game in UConn's favor over and over again this year. And to be so humble about your UConn journey as well; you do "get it", you really do. As fans, we have been blessed to go along for the ride.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Gabby is aces. Modest to a fault but so so talented.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Fine article, I posted a comment to it
She is quite unknown back home; should change.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Impresively mature. Lose the self-doubt Gabby. You are the real deal and the best is yet to come.

Honestly the more I hear her speak in interviews and such, I think she is an "old soul."

She is just such an impressive person. My admiration for her has grown by leaps and bounds (no Gabby-puns intended) since she arrived.

Reaction Score
Good for Williams that she pondered winning the Wooden Award. Some people don't even think she'll be an All American.

Reaction Score
I thought Stewie is the best to ever wore a Uconn uniform, but that is about to change!

Reaction Score
So hard to pick a favorite on this years team, but it has to be Gabby. My new favorite thing is to watch the game recordings and just follow individual players. She is something. The great Ali used to say something like "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". For Gabby I kinda think "Run like a colt, kick like a mule" is appropriate.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So hard to pick a favorite on this years team, but it has to be Gabby. My new favorite thing is to watch the game recordings and just follow individual players. She is something. The great Ali used to say something like "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". For Gabby I kinda think "Run like a colt, kick like a mule" is appropriate.

Jump like a Kangaroo.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
College basketball savant Jay Bilas has said she’s the toughest and “most complete” player in the nation – on the women’s and men’s side.

Fellow ESPN analyst Doris Burke thinks she’s the most athletic player in the country. She has become one of the faces of the game.

Reaction Score
If I was forced to pick one, simply indispensable, player of this 2016-17 UCONN team, it's the Gaboulous one.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting Slu. This article shows who Gabby really is. An outstanding athlete that is becoming a really good all around basketball player on the court. Off the court, she is woman of maturity and humility, that is willing to do what she has to do in order to improve. Those attributes along with her skills will give her a nice long pro career.

I can read stuff about her all day long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom