Homeland - Season 8 | The Boneyard

Homeland - Season 8

Reaction Score
Really enjoying this - and there were a couple of rough seasons in the middle. Going out strong.

Reaction Score
this show always was hot and cold. Some moments you're on the edge of your seat wanting more and other times you literally laugh at how silly it is. Having said that, my wife and I are halfway through S7 and liking it thus far. Look forward to 8.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Season 8 is really strong.

You do have to suspend disbelief a little. For example, Carrie and Saul have screwed up so many times, that they would never be in the positions they are in now. Saul has been captured like 3 or 4 times over the course of the show. How is he still NSA Head?

Reaction Score
I gave up after season 6, but i also dont have showtime anymore. Feel like it could of stopped after season 3 or so. Maybe i'll revisit some day

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Season 8 has been pretty good. You have to suspend reality at a few different places put it is definitely well written. It brings the show full circle in some ways because this season is less about the action and more about the moral questions of everything the U.S. is doing in the world and the people that are doing it.

Reaction Score
Season 8 has been pretty good. You have to suspend reality at a few different places put it is definitely well written. It brings the show full circle in some ways because this season is less about the action and more about the moral questions of everything the U.S. is doing in the world and the people that are doing it.

Would you argue that the first few seasons when Damian Lewis was in it was the peak of the show?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Would you argue that the first few seasons when Damian Lewis was in it was the peak of the show?

The first few seasons were really good, but my favorite is Season 5, the one in Berlin with the woman from Lord of the Rings. That season was awesome. I liked the new setting, and I really liked the Peter Quinn character.

The only season I did not like was the one in Pakistan. That season jumped the shark a little.

Reaction Score
This last season dragged to the point I didn't care and then picked up at the end. It's tough to end a series that has been going this long. I felt the ending was worthy and a tad controversial as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This last season dragged to the point I didn't care and then picked up at the end. It's tough to end a series that has been going this long. I felt the ending was worthy and a tad controversial as well.

A tad? I think the writers figured out a way to piss off the entire spectrum with the last season's politics.

As entertainment, the last season was excellent.

I thought this season would end with Saul ordering Carrie's execution. It was a good twist to reverse what would have been a Danaerys' level character leap in the last 5 minutes of the final episode.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked the ending - thought it had some nice symmetry to it.

As I think about the ending more, I wonder of Showtime was mocking the Danearys character leap from Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Carrie's character leap in the last 3 episodes of Homeland was very similar to that of Danearys, where an appealing and sympathetic character suddenly turns evil with ambiguous underlying motivations for doing so. The final twist at the end of the final episode of Homeland could be Showtime saying "ha ha, you thought we were as stupid as HBO?"

Reaction Score
As I think about the ending more, I wonder of Showtime was mocking the Danearys character leap from Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Carrie's character leap in the last 3 episodes of Homeland was very similar to that of Danearys, where an appealing and sympathetic character suddenly turns evil with ambiguous underlying motivations for doing so. The final twist at the end of the final episode of Homeland could be Showtime saying "ha ha, you thought we were as stupid as HBO?"

Interesting - hadn't thought of it like that. I do think the arc moved to quickly in some respects - but she was also subjected to a lot of stressors that could have caused her behavior.

Reaction Score

HA! Well done!
I commented to my wife how I found myself rooting against her.

We just finished up the last three seasons in a just a couple weeks. I also enjoyed the last season greatly. I thought Claire Danes was incredible in the last two seasons and Mandy Pitinkin was fantastic through the entire series.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom