Home Town TV Interview: Paige Bueckers | The Boneyard

Home Town TV Interview: Paige Bueckers

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's a walking recruiting poster for UConn.

"All that work led her to coach Geno Auriemma and the University of Connecticut Huskies. She will play for a program that, like Hopkins, expects to win and expects players to perform. It is where she hopes she can develop into a WNBA guard.

“I mean, it’s always been my dream school, and I love their program, and I love their coaches, and I love the way they do things,” Bueckers said. “It’s such like a professional program, and that’s all I aspire to be is a professional.”

It's better hearing her say it. I hope she hits the ground running at UConn next fall.

Check out the video: Hopkins Phenom Paige Bueckers Heading To UConn With WNBA Dreams In Tow

Thanks for putting me on this ken.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Paige's freshman guard running mate Nika Muhl at her league's half way point in season is running away with the assists category. Playing an average 34.7 minutes she averages 12.7 assists per game! Hrvatski košarkaški savez

Earlier in the year she was averaging a measly 10 assists a game. ;)

1578155014842.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Paige's freshman guard running mate Nika Muhl at her league's half way point in season is running away with the assists category. Playing an average 34.7 minutes she averages 12.7 assists per game! Hrvatski košarkaški savez

Earlier in the year she was averaging a measly 10 assists a game. ;)

View attachment 49645
Thanks, Man of the Mountains, The odds are Paige SHALL hit the floor running when she arrives. She has a lot to learn and the expectations Geno's comments have produced puts a bit more pressure on her.
Shall, as a legal beagle, you know the emphasis that puts on the subject.
Muhl, is a Uconn type of PT Guard. Score some, rebound some, assist a lot, and a plus is the steals.
Why isn't it next year yet????

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
who is that coach again? Eugene Orriano?
what kind of morons do they have at that sports department

Better than John Oreo. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
any idea about her shooting percentages?

that's my only concern with NM as it appears she posses all of the other tools in the tool box.....................team's won't defend her closely when she has the ball until she proves she has a decent outside shot..........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
that's my only concern with NM as it appears she posses all of the other tools in the tool box.....................team's won't defend her closely when she has the ball until she proves she has a decent outside shot..........

I also seem to recall TO's were an issue while her defense is a strength so perhaps she sees the court as a tough defender who can create for others subbing for Paige

Reaction Score
I also seem to recall TO's were an issue while her defense is a strength so perhaps she sees the court as a tough defender who can create for others subbing for Paige

these are things that can be improved through practice over time in many cases......................ideally all five players on the floor should have some capacity to score away from the basket.................

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nika has acknowledged her shooting has to get better and it is a point of emphasis for her. Below is a highlight video and all such videos can be deceptive, but if you look at her (#10) you see a pretty total package, with a few nice 3s in there. Her passing skills are high and deceptive and the energy of her game is very, very high.

In the U18 basketball tournament she had the #1 3 ball percentage - 60%. If you come out to guard the three she is going to blow by you for an easy 2. I suspect Paige and Nika are going to be an unrivaled back court combination that makes everyone better on the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nika has acknowledged her shooting has to get better and it is a point of emphasis for her. Below is a highlight video and all such videos can be deceptive, but if you look at her (#10) you see a pretty total package, with a few nice 3s in there. Her passing skills are high and deceptive and the energy of her game is very, very high.

In the U18 basketball tournament she had the #1 3 ball percentage - 60%. If you come out to guard the three she is going to blow by you for an easy 2. I suspect Paige and Nika are going to be an unrivaled back court combination that makes everyone better on the floor.

Great highlight package.... I love how demonstrative she is... and I like that she is 5'10", too. Can't wait to see her in Storrs...

Reaction Score
FWIW, two things I always take with a grain of salt are statistics and highlight tapes. Three things I took from this tape, first, while you know all her shots were going in, she appeared to have good backspin rotation on her shot. Second, her obvious court vision. Third, in the segment near the end against a Germany, down 30 or so with about 4 minutes left, it appeared she was still playing hard.

Reaction Score

as we've known for a while her passing skills and ball hawking defense are already quite good....................she's going to be fun to watch and just like with PB, the other players better be ready to receive a pass at any time....................as we've seen with AM it can take some time to get fully acclimated to the US game so I expect she will be coming off the bench possibly as PB's replacement to start the season...........

Reaction Score

holy crap

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
FWIW, two things I always take with a grain of salt are statistics and highlight tapes. Three things I took from this tape, first, while you know all her shots were going in, she appeared to have good backspin rotation on her shot. Second, her obvious court vision. Third, in the segment near the end against a Germany, down 30 or so with about 4 minutes left, it appeared she was still playing hard.

The professional scout who probably put Geno & Co. on Nika said what captured her attention first was the killer attitude that Nika walked onto the court with. Knock on wood but I see the potential for a back court duo which just might become legendary.

Reaction Score
I will be surprised if Paige does not end up as an all-time Uconn great.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Excited for end of the month, will be seeing PB live 28Jan20 Hopkins is playing Minnetonka. Can’t wait.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom