Home Slate in 2015 | The Boneyard

Home Slate in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just looked over the schedule today, and man our home schedule is really bad this season:

-Villanova
-Army
-Navy
-South Florida
-ECU
-Houston

Even if this team wins this season, it is going to be incredibly hard to get the average fan to come to the Rent for games against teams like these. Coming off a 2-10 season, it is difficult for us to complain about anything, but who could imagined this five years ago? Just have to hope that this team wins a lot, and in a quick time frame.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think there will be enough excitement at the beginning of the season to keep the stadium mostly full for Villanova, and the service academies will generate enough interest to keep butts in the seats. IF the team wins, the Rent will be packed later in the year (especially because there won't be so many freezing cold games this year). They need to be competitive in the conference...

Reaction Score
lol......if you watched this program play last season you have to realize that the schedule is far from the top concern related to attendance.

They win, attendance will improve. They lose to Nova and Army...........oh, man!

Reaction Score
I think that was by design.. winnable games at home... all of them.. Navy's a beast though... If we've shown marked improvement on offense... and better play on the ends on D & better LB play (i.e. getting in the opposing team's backfield a bunch... TFLs, Sacks) we gotta shot at 7-5, which equals a bowl game.. that's gotta be the goal here...

Reaction Score
Just looked over the schedule today, and man our home schedule is really bad this season:

-Villanova
-Army
-Navy
-South Florida
-ECU
-Houston

Even if this team wins this season, it is going to be incredibly hard to get the average fan to come to the Rent for games against teams like these. Coming off a 2-10 season, it is difficult for us to complain about anything, but who could imagined this five years ago? Just have to hope that this team wins a lot, and in a quick time frame.

Believe me, the schedule is one of the reasons I swallowed hard before submitting my season ticket renewal.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Another upbeat thread (discussed ad nauseum) to keep us going in the off season. Gotta love it. :rolleyes:

Even I agree with you on this one.

We all know the schedule. We all know it sucks.

Why start a new thread on it?

Reaction Score
Even I agree with you on this one.

We all know the schedule. We all know it sucks.

Why start a new thread on it?

It's not me trying to be overly negative, just realistic. I think it would be better if we had one of Cincinnati or UCF at home (although we had both at home last year). With only six games at home this year, it'll make rationalizing a trip for an away game much easier.

Reaction Score
I disagree with the consensus, I think the schedule is alright. Army and Navy will always be a draw whether or not the teams are great. ECU is the top of the conference and has been in the national spotlight for a few years now. USF & Houston aren't SMU, Tulsa, or Tulane.

As a few posters have said, it's not about who we play but about how we play. Getting home wins will be critical.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Much as it kills me. Agree with Art too. And we all agree because of this schedule it is a 1yr commit
and not 3.

Reaction Score
Not too many teams had 12 game pre-season to get ready for 2015. No worries here.

Reaction Score
Much as it kills me. Agree with Art too. And we all agree because of this schedule it is a 1yr commit
and not 3.

Yep. To me it feels a little like a throw-away year with the Season tickets due to the one-year commit. They were probably smart to do it that way, no way in hell I'd have re-upped for another 3 years at this point. But I can also see the wisdom in continually bringing up the crappy schedule in different threads, because those that monitor these boards from UConn will know how disappointed we are in 2015's slate and hopefully won't continue to give us scheduling -fests every year.

Reaction Score
The first three home games are fairly local opponents and should draw decently. If the team is winning the last three will draw well. IF.

Reaction Score
Crap on the home schedule all you want but if the Huskies are 6-0..even 5-1 at Homecoming the place will be filled. UConn needs to put themselves in that position and then....the fans will come. If I was Diaco I'd put a huge poster up somewhere showing a 3/4 empty Rent and a caption underneath: "Seats filled, job fulfilled. Empty seat, mission incomplete"

Reaction Score
I think that was by design.. winnable games at home... all of them.. Navy's a beast though... If we've shown marked improvement on offense... and better play on the ends on D & better LB play (i.e. getting in the opposing team's backfield a bunch... TFLs, Sacks) we gotta shot at 7-5, which equals a bowl game.. that's gotta be the goal here...

It's not by design. UConn doesn't control the league schedule.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Crap on the home schedule all you want but if the Huskies are 6-0..even 5-1 at Homecoming the place will be filled. UConn needs to put themselves in that position and then....the fans will come. If I was Diaco I'd put a huge poster up somewhere showing a 3/4 empty Rent and a caption underneath: "Seats filled, job fulfilled. Empty seat, mission incomplete"

I bet if they are 12-0 they sell out for the AAC championship game.

The last time they played they got dismantled by an 0-11 team at home. Maybe some baby steps?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Glass half full guy would say "yeah, but look at the away schedule!". Fun trips to Mizzou, BYU, UCF, New Orleans and an easy drive to Philly on the docket.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
'Nova is the new Towson.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Glass half full guy would say "yeah, but look at the away schedule!". Fun trips to Mizzou, BYU, UCF, New Orleans and an easy drive to Philly on the docket.
Yep, just locked down a hotel room in Columbia.. now just need that ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom