Home and Home announced w/ Maryland Football (2024/2026) | The Boneyard

Home and Home announced w/ Maryland Football (2024/2026)

Reaction Score

>>The UConn football team has entered into an agreement with Maryland to play a home-and-home series with the Terps during the 2024 and 2026 seasons.

The Huskies will travel to College Park for a matchup on Saturday, August 31, 2024 and the Terps will head to East Hartford on Saturday, September 12, 2026 for a showdown in East Hartford. <<

Reaction Score
These are the kinds of games I assume our schedule will be mostly made of. I can tell you UConn fans will be way more excited to play Maryland, Duke, BC etc. then directional Florida/Carolina and whatever a Tulsa is. I'm optimistic and excited!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mark you calendars for summer of 2024. You will notice the lack of BY threads on why it's stupid to have opening game Thursday evening leading in to Labor Day weekend.

Also, you will notice the increase in threads about why isn't UConn isn't having its "traditional" first game and home opener on Thursday leading in to Labor Day.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
These are the kinds of games I assume our schedule will be mostly made of. I can tell you UConn fans will be way more excited to play Maryland, Duke, BC etc. then directional Florida/Carolina and whatever a Tulsa is. I'm optimistic and excited!
Maybe.

But to leave the AAC is not a step up. It’s not even a lateral move. It’s a step down in the world of college football.

Reaction Score
Maybe.

But to leave the AAC is not a step up. It’s not even a lateral move. It’s a step down in the world of college football.
Agree to disagree. I was initially shocked but have come around to the thinking that the AAC was a death sentence for UConn. We were never going to care about those teams no matter how good or bad we or they were.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe.

Agree to disagree. I was initially shocked but have come around to the thinking that the AAC was a death sentence for UConn. We were never going to care about those teams no matter how good or bad we or they were.

To me it was a double edged sword. I absolutely believe the AAC has the chance to become a really good football conference. I also believe UConn fans never wanted to be part of that ride. That contradiction of conference improving while UConn fans remained apathetic would keep UConn as a bottom feeder.

So, while UConn as a lone wolf may be lower than the AAC's conference profile, I believe it will engage the UConn fanbase more than staying in AAC.

Reaction Score
Why are so many schools limited to just 2 games series. Like I get you have only a few non conference games a year, but I would love from a consistency point to just seem some 4, 6, or 8 games series over the years. Why not

Reaction Score
These will be the early season games. The real scheduling challenge is when the power conferences are in their conference schedule. Filling those games with quality opponents is a challenge. We could start each season with a P5 bang and then fizzle through the remainder of the schedule. P5 games in October especially at home will likely be rare.

Reaction Score
Maybe.

We already know why they did it, so it’s up to the Athletic Dept to salvage what’s left. Booking P5 schools is always a big plus.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It would be a step down for every other program in the AAC, whose fanbases are happy to be in the conference because they were all in CUSA just a short time ago. For us, the AAC has been painful. We’re better off risking it in independence than withering on the branch in the AAC

Reaction Score
Even if we end up with a schedule made up of 50% ACC and B1G teams? I would disagree. You are who you associate with.

Wrong, because in the AAC we would play the top teams in the league and they would ranked.

The independent ACC and B10 games would ball middle of the pack teams and it is not very likely any would be ranked. The AAC schedule would offer some dogs but also some top tier teams

Reaction Score
We already know why they did it, so it’s up the Athletic Dept to salvage what’s left. Booking P5 schools is always a big plus.
They did it because they panicked and ran back to their mommy's basement.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wrong, because in the AAC we would play the top teams in the league and they would ranked.

The independent ACC and B10 games would ball middle of the pack teams and it is not very likely any would be ranked. The AAC schedule would offer some dogs but also some top tier teams

I’d rather play regionalish B1G and ACC games than a ranked Tulsa. That’s my preference.

Reaction Score
Waiting for the BE series against GTown and Nova... just a matter of when. I think fans would watch those games against our BE FCS counterparts. Good option? No. But would rather play them over Wagner. Nova is a good team and would be a good opponent for us.

Happy about Maryland.

Waiting for B12 teams to partner with.

Reaction Score
I’d rather play regionalish B1G and ACC games than a ranked Tulsa. That’s my preference.
It's always better to play against ranked teams.

BTW, we could play against B10 or ACC teams and still play ranked AAC teams. What the heck do you think we are doing this year?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's always better to play against ranked teams.

BTW, we could play against B10 or ACC teams and still play ranked AAC teams. What the heck do you think we are doing this year?

And we will draw flies. Look Pal, you enjoy the AAC sched. I don’t. We aren’t gonna argue on this.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Waiting for the BE series against GTown and Nova... just a matter of when. I think fans would watch those games against our BE FCS counterparts. Good option? No. But would rather play them over Wagner. Nova is a good team and would be a good opponent for us.

Happy about Maryland.

Waiting for B12 teams to partner with.

GTown is in the Patriot League, not sure if they need a waiver for PL teams (below FCS scholarship limits, Army needed one to play Yale). Then again, they played Lehigh in the past.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Why are so many schools limited to just 2 games series. Like I get you have only a few non conference games a year, but I would love from a consistency point to just seem some 4, 6, or 8 games series over the years. Why not

No P5 teams with 3-4 OOC games per year wants to play the same team regularly unless it's a rival. That is what makes playing an indy schedule so difficult besides getting games in Oct/Nov. A four game series would be a huge commitment for any school in a conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom