Holy Cross HC Tom Gilmore FIRED.... | The Boneyard

Holy Cross HC Tom Gilmore FIRED....

Reaction Score
Well, we have to figure some things out. Hopefully it is happening.

Reaction Score
But they are so good! UNH something something.
I don't know about UNH or something, but I'm taking people were saying they were "good", after the game against us. Their QB sliced and diced us for sure, so it was a sign of something.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know about UNH or something, but I'm taking people were saying they were "good", after the game against us. Their QB sliced and diced us for sure, so it was a sign of something.

They beat New Hampshire and were in some top 25 someone posted.

Reaction Score
Getting coaches we beat fired... A RE 1.0 trademark.

We're back, boys.

HC, a school with less scholarships than UConn, almost beats UConn. Yale, a school with limited or no athletic scholarships, crushes HC

Good thing Yale decided not to play (mid nineties) UConn again

Reaction Score
He has been head coach at Holy Cross since 2004. Could they have fired him at the end of the season? This is not the best way to get rid of someone who has been around for a while unless there is a scandal.

Reaction Score
He has been head coach at Holy Cross since 2004. Could they have fired him at the end of the season? This is not the best way to get rid of someone who has been around for a while unless there is a scandal.
NCAAs Sauron-like eye swings towards Worcester at mention of "scandal".

Reaction Score
They probably did it hoping their QB gets drafted.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross got off to a good start. They played UConn tough, then beat Bucknell 20-0 and UNH 56-21. Then they lost to Dartmouth in OT by 1 as they went for a 2 point conversion to win the game. Then the wheels fell off. They were tied with Lafayette 7-7 and went for it on 4th and 1 on their own 33 with 2 minutes to go and didn't make it. Lafayette then kicked a game winning field goal. At Yale, they had some injury issues.

HC's QB has had a good season, but it appears the coach lost the team after the Dartmouth loss.

Reaction Score
HC, a school with less scholarships than UConn, almost beats UConn. Yale, a school with limited or no athletic scholarships, crushes HC

Good thing Yale decided not to play (mid nineties) UConn again
Technically, you may have that whole athletic scholarship thing figured out, but that doesn’t mean Yale doesn’t get good players to attend, and they can give money to anyone for anything.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
That was me. IDK what happened to HC, but the wheels came off after a good start.

I said the same thing. UNH still has a very good chance at the FCS playoffs, and HC (who does not) crushed them. Been a disaster since, it would seem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom