Holtz endorses Orgeron... | The Boneyard

Holtz endorses Orgeron...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... for us... anybody else see College Football Final on ESPN? When they all voiced their opinion as to whether or not Orgeron should remain HC at USC, or, at the very least, have a fair shot at getting the gig, Holtz indicated that he was a great coach, great recruiter, and definitely a candidate for the USC gig fulltime, BUT not ready yet and that a if he (Holtz) were an AD at say Connecticut he'd seriously look at obtaining this guy's services....

Thoughts???

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Skip must be pissed.

Reaction Score
... for us... anybody else see College Football Final on ESPN? When they all voiced their opinion as to whether or not Orgeron should remain HC at USC, or, at the very least, have a fair shot at getting the gig, Holtz indicated that he was a great coach, great recruiter, and definitely a candidate for the USC gig fulltime, BUT not ready yet and that a if he (Holtz) were an AD at say Connecticut he'd seriously look at obtaining this guy's services....

Thoughts???
Never think that the utterings of a drunk midget mean anything. After last night, Orgeron is #1 for a lot of teams, including USC. If he beats UCLA, which is a distinct possibility, the guy has a huge pay day coming.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I thought Orgeron said that even if he doesn't get the USC job, he wanted to stay on as recruiting coordinator?

Reaction Score
Just having another prospect out there is good news for us. Look like a buyers market. As long as we don't get suckered into an old retread the timing could be outstanding. Another guy with HC experience leads me further from a coordinator promotion.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree that the market seems to be shifting in our direction. My favorites (Narduzzi and Lembo) seem to be getting a lot of press and endorsements lately but, other than USC and possibly Texas and Alabama, the competition does seem to be thin this year. Surprises always come up, but as of today, it looks like our competition within our salary range aren't as challenging as in years past.

Reaction Score
I don't see it. Orgeron is a great recruiter on the Left Coast. At USC, he'll get the picks of the litter of 4 & 5 star West Coast recruits, especially since the Trojans will be coming off of probation & getting schollies back. I don't see how, if he was tabbed as UCONN's next coach, he would be able to seduce Southern Califorinia H.S. superstars to come play in the Northeast. They don't have the temperment for the season changes.

Reaction Score
Orgeron knows the east. He worked at Syracuse under P and at Ole Miss he probably oversaw recruiting in some of the same beats in southeast that we were dipping into.

It doesn't matter anyways, I don't think we could afford him now.

Reaction Score
They don't have the temperment for the season changes.

Really? If he could attract them here and they got playing time they'd be just fine. Long underwear does wonders.
What I love is we are being mentioned as a quality job for a very good coach.

Reaction Score
If I wanted a proven recruiter who flopped as hc once before I'd sign up for Mike Locksley before Ed Orgeron. I think his ties to the northeast/mid Atlantic region are stronger. That said wouldn't want either one.

If locksley was here I bet one of these coaches, preferably GDL, would have gotten punched in the face.

Reaction Score

Thoughts???

This is the video from last nights Mark May and Lou Holtz debate:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9991264

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All I can say is that stupid maneuver by the two Georgia defensive backs yesterday allows me to keep my pipe dream (yes, I now it is a pipe dream) alive for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom