Hollywood Ending tonight? And some Tidbits | The Boneyard

Hollywood Ending tonight? And some Tidbits

Reaction Score
A Hollywood ending? A top top basketball team of fine ladies get hit with injuries….the National player of the year gets a freak injury…all kinds of strife…the top program is being questioned or doubted. The best coach in the history of women’s basketball is being scrutinized….does his methods still work?The top player returns and gets to go home to her home state to lead her team to the finals. A script is all there…Only the ending will be written tonight. I pray it is a Hollywood ending.
Here are some tidbits.
I was one of the doubters of Nika…no more she is a fierce competitor that is afraid of nothing….she is a essential part of this team.
And btw I always had faith and mentioned that UCONN is UCONN and as long as Geno and CD and their staff remain, it will always be so.
South Carolina is very physical team and deep , specially deep in their bigs so without Dorka it is a challenge but I never bet against the Huskies.
Hope the refs won’t allow Boston those fullback moves.
Regardless what happens tonight it has been a special season to remember.
Hollywood ending is a victory tonight…Paige takes over at the end and makes her return to Minnesota a magical story to remember.
G-D BLESS ALL.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
This will be the biggest game in Livs college career. Throughout her time here she has done very well in conference games, even voted the co-DPOY in the BE last year. I believe this year she has performed her best, even against stiffer OFC competition. Tonight, she will face the best post player in America, a player that she knows has dominated her in the past. But Liv is a different player than years past, even different than earlier in the season when SC beat us in the Bahamas. She is playing more physical, smarter than before. She has been great in the BE tournament, she has been great in the NCAA tournament, including Stanford.

This is Livs last game as a college player, with the opportunity to become a National Champion, something that has eluded her and the program since 2016. This is her time to shine, this is the time to forget the past and play like there was no tomorrow, because for her, there is no tomorrow in this phase of her career. This is her time to leave a legacy, a time to show how good she can be, and I believe this will be her finest hour. Liv can be the difference in this game, and I know she will perform to the best of her ability and leave everything on the court. We love you Liv, and may you play as well as you have represented our program during your great career.

Reaction Score
In yesterday’s championship pre-game presser, I thought Dawn Staley was very candid, refreshing and thoughtful. I came away with these 3 takeaways: She coaches her girls to have belief in themselves, which leads to embrace what you are good at and then provide them the space to figure things out. Her philosophy sounds very similar to another guy.

On paper, SC should be favored. They are bigger, deeper (especially with Dorka out), focused and have been on a mission all season. They play suffocating defense and are very well coached. Yet, sports has proven time and time again, there is a reason why the game is played. One only has to be better one night.

At this point in the year, X’s & O’s are overstated. Each team knows the other’s strength/flaws. It comes down who can execute, maintain their poise, and benefit from the lucky bounce or break. In games like these, somebody has to make the difficult, contested shots. Fortunately, UConn has a player on their team who can do this with regularity.

Similarly with Geno in the beginning of the UConn legacy, they had to topple Tennessee before they were universally regarded as the best women’s program. Yes, SC has a championship belt, but to reign supreme, beating UConn in the NC coronates their ascension.

However, whenever anyone talks about the UConn legacy, Lobo, Bird, Taurasi, Moore, Charles and Stewart are brought up. By the time they finish their collegiate careers, both Paige and Azzi should be included in that rarified air. Adding a NC or two will make the inclusion easier. This is why they came to UConn. Both have the desire to be great and play against the best. No better opportunity presents itself than tonite. This season of adversity has greased the wheels for the team for this moment and I expect everyone to leave their last ounce of belief, effort and energy on the court.

Reaction Score
A Hollywood ending? A top top basketball team of fine ladies get hit with injuries….the National player of the year gets a freak injury…all kinds of strife…the top program is being questioned or doubted. The best coach in the history of women’s basketball is being scrutinized….does his methods still work?The top player returns and gets to go home to her home state to lead her team to the finals. A script is all there…Only the ending will be written tonight. I pray it is a Hollywood ending.
Here are some tidbits.
I was one of the doubters of Nika…no more she is a fierce competitor that is afraid of nothing….she is a essential part of this team.
And btw I always had faith and mentioned that UCONN is UCONN and as long as Geno and CD and their staff remain, it will always be so.
South Carolina is very physical team and deep , specially deep in their bigs so without Dorka it is a challenge but I never bet against the Huskies.
Hope the refs won’t allow Boston those fullback moves.
Regardless what happens tonight it has been a special season to remember.
Hollywood ending is a victory tonight…Paige takes over at the end and makes her return to Minnesota a magical story to remember.
G-D BLESS ALL.
When I saw “Hollywood Ending”, I thought you were predicting Geno slaps one of the refs.

Reaction Score
Some say South Carolina is deeper than Connecticut, but their bench production was negligible against Louisville.

Slightly off topic, but doesn't South Carolina have a senior night where all of their seniors get to start? I thought every team did that.
They've had the same starting five for 32 or 33 of their 36 games.

Reaction Score
Espn posted that Uconn women are 11-0 and the men are 4-0 in ntl title games, that's pretty insane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom