Hockey East Playoff Seeds..The Home Stretch | The Boneyard

Hockey East Playoff Seeds..The Home Stretch

Reaction Score
The final home stretch is going to be interesting. A few of the teams in the top 6 are playing each other...UConn & BU, Maine & BC 3 straight to end the season. Northeastern with Vermont and UNH 2x each seems to have the easiest run..PC has UMass Lowell 2x and Umass; BU ends the season with Merimack and UVM 2x. UMass has BC, UConn, PC; UMass-Lowell has PC 2x and Merrimack 2x. Uconn needs to win out and they control their own destiny...If they split or get swept getting passed by UMass-Lowell is pretty much a given..can't see Merrimack winning either of those 2 games. There will be some really good hockey these next 2 weeks..if you are a fan of the game you may want to go web surfing and see if you can find any live stream's or if ESPN3 has any to watch.

Reaction Score
So if I'm reading that chart right, if UConn wins the next two games (not impossible considering last game is against bad UMass), they have a 6% shot at getting a first round bye as the 4 seed and hosting the second round - which is awesome. It's OK to dream.

Regardless, I'm thinking we get a 7 vs 10 home playoff round against either UNH or bad UMass. By next Sunday the playoff picture should be a lot more clear.

Reaction Score
Well, I, for one, am not gonna get wrapped up in what-if's on the last two weekends; and, I sure as hell hope that the team doesn't either. One shift at a time, and when the final whistle blows we get to see where we are.

If we all get to the games and yell our asses off, we will have done out part. Let the chips lie where they fall. What a great time to be a Husky Hockey fan!!!!!

Reaction Score
So if I'm reading that chart right, if UConn wins the next two games (not impossible considering last game is against bad UMass), they have a 6% shot at getting a first round bye as the 4 seed and hosting the second round - which is awesome. It's OK to dream.

Regardless, I'm thinking we get a 7 vs 10 home playoff round against either UNH or bad UMass. By next Sunday the playoff picture should be a lot more clear.

If UConn loses to BU, no chance at 4th.

72% chance to make 2nd round.
I know and agree, 1 at a time.

UMass just shutout Lowell.

Like Vermont and UConn, they are hitting their stride.

UMass won't be a easy win.

Reaction Score
If we all get to the games and yell our asses off, we will have done out part. Let the chips lie where they fall. What a great time to be a Husky Hockey fan!!!!!

Have you personally been to a game this year?

I hope you can join us and yell your ass off

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Those two Merrimack and one UMass loss - what could have been!!!

Reaction Score
Those two Merrimack and one UMass loss - what could have been!!!

So mad after that 2nd MC game.

Had it. Tied in the last, what 30 seconds? Went to OT, and 30 seconds later. I was so pissed.

UConn did to em last season, but it was a last minute tie by masonius.

If UConn ends up playing MC, let's hope for a dominating win. None of this 1 goal differential crap

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you personally been to a game this year?

I hope you can join us and yell your ass off
The games are great, especially during this run. Something special is happening and even "the casual fan" would be wise to climb on board and enjoy the ride!

(That said, "we're doomed" to borrow a second Men's BB phrase.)

Reaction Score
The games are great, especially during this run. Something special is happening and even "the casual fan" would be wise to climb on board and enjoy the ride!

(That said, "we're doomed" to borrow a second Men's BB phrase.)

I know RS is not a casual fan, but I don't want to hear excuses of skiing or clarkson to not show up.

I didn't go to UConn, and my sorta alma mater would be Maine.

I'm not rooting for them, I'm rooting for UConn and have been to every home/road game I can make

Reaction Score
I know RS is not a casual fan, but I don't want to hear excuses of skiing or clarkson to not show up.

I didn't go to UConn, and my sorta alma mater would be Maine.

I'm not rooting for them, I'm rooting for UConn and have been to every home/road game I can make
Ahh, the disloyalty argument. I also have been to every game I can make this year, but doing will always take priority over spectating.

When you can tell me you have stood outside the the Saarinen rink in -15 F temperature and 20 mph wind to watch UConn come back from 3 goals down to beat North Adams State, you can make that argument. As it turns out my trip overseas has just been postponed for a couple weeks and I will be there Friday night.

But I am curious, what is a "sorta" alma mater? It either is or it isn't. And if your alma mater played for the national championship when you were there, played a team they had beaten (away) in the RS yet tragically fell short in the championship game, and then 40+ years later they come into Hamden ranked 3rd, that game gets priority. If you were attending Maine during those two magical Shawn Walsh years, 1993 or 1999, you would know what I mean. But maybe you didn't graduate ...?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ahh, the disloyalty argument. I also have been to every game I can make this year, but doing will always take priority over spectating.

When you can tell me you have stood outside the the Saarinen rink in -15 F temperature and 20 mph wind to watch UConn come back from 3 goals down to beat North Adams State, you can make that argument. As it turns out my trip overseas has just been postponed for a couple weeks and I will be there Friday night.

But I am curious, what is a "sorta" alma mater? It either is or it isn't. And if your alma mater played for the national championship when you were there, played a team they had beaten (away) in the RS yet tragically fell short in the championship game, and then 40+ years later they come into Hamden ranked 3rd, that game gets priority. If you were attending Maine during those two magical Shawn Walsh years, 1993 or 1999, you would know what I mean. But maybe you didn't graduate ...?

ok guys lets stop this cat fight
We are all fans
I have stood/sat in the old outdoor rink in the early 60s when Coach Chapman had the team
My family has had season tickets for basketball and football since the 60's and I have also been a Friend of UConn Soccer - guess what? I didn't got to UConn!! Mom and Dad and my son went to UConn but not me.
I have been and always will be an ardent UConn fan
whether you go to school at UConn or not - to me it makes no difference
5 of us went to UConn soccer games- home and away- as a religion from mid 70's until this year and 3 of us never stepped into a UConn classroom

Anyway - I am excited about the hockey team and it appears to be gelling at the right time

Reaction Score

I went to a satellite school of the UMaine system. So I never went to Orono or got a chance to go to Alfond Arena.

I too also was busy skiing sugarloaf, Saddleback, and Sunday River during my time there and it was only a D3 school that didn't have hockey. I did graduate 07 and moved back to CT

It's not about disloyalty or priorities.

I'm not old enough to attend when UConn or any other school had a outdoor rink, but I can handle the cold. Going to a school at 45 degrees latitude , 5 hours north of UConn, it got plenty cold and was outside doing too.

I was just pissed I posted playoff information about the team for everyone to digest at their will and have posted plenty of times I'm not trying to get too ahead of myself with boasting about the teams playoff postioning or play. (Especially during the game)

And then you talk about having to show up and yelling your *** off, which I have done plenty of.

I never seen you in a game thread or posting about a game until way after. I figured you were never there.

K , I'm done now. Glad you'll be there friday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you are a skier then you know it is more important to do your sport than to watch games. I was a four event skier in college. In fact I crashed bigtime at high speed during DH practice on Sugarloaf's Narrow Gage trail during my senior year. So I think you understand when I say that after taking 35 years off from the sport in part so that I could schlepp kids and hockey bags all over the east before they settled on college soccer careers, and then five years of that, it is time to do something for me. Doesn't make me less of a UConn hockey fan. And of course the reason I used to post on UConn hockey so much is that the program desperately needed someone talking about them. That is no longer the case, so I can sit back and observe.

Reaction Score
And of course the reason I used to post on UConn hockey so much is that the program desperately needed someone talking about them. That is no longer the case, so I can sit back and observe.

I can understand that. Its a big reason why I started posting as much as I do with UConn baseball and especially the soccer programs, as there were not that many people doing it. I never could understand how men's soccer got so little attention on the Boneyard, considering how popular the program has been for years, so I just figured I should get the ball rolling a bit more on that sport. As for men's hockey, like you I tend to take more of a back seat since there are others such as @huskymedic, @ct06111, and @FDNY99 who do such a good job of keeping up with the team and the games.

Reaction Score
In the old days there was absolutely no one talking about hockey. The Courant might have one article per year. I remember one year I was schmoozing with an old time rink friend in the days of the MAAC when he remarked on a particular Husky taking forever to shoot the puck at essentially a wide open net. He said something like he had time to turn to his caddy to make sure he had enough club. I laughed, thanked him for that, and said I would use it in my game report. Which I did, only to see it in the Courant the next morning, verbatim, without attribution. That was a shock but I certainly did not mind.

The women's BB team, however, were big fans and would come to games when they could. One very well known player who is now coaching was dating one of the hockey players.

UConn soccer, btw, used to get covered very nicely before FB went FBS. But then print media started to suffer financially and the Courant got rid of Jerry Trecker. The rest is history.

Reaction Score
I can understand that. Its a big reason why I started posting as much as I do with UConn baseball and especially the soccer programs, as there were not that many people doing it. I never could understand how men's soccer got so little attention on the Boneyard, considering how popular the program has been for years, so I just figured I should get the ball rolling a bit more on that sport. As for men's hockey, like you I tend to take more of a back seat since there are others such as @huskymedic, @ct06111, and @FDNY99 who do such a good job of keeping up with the team and the games.

I try. I don't have twitter, so I miss a ton on recruiting etc. It does suck that not many people post about hockey on here.

More will come and I welcome any new, old, or temporary.

I fully admit, I didn't follow any UConn sports heavily until the 1st HE home game November 5th, 2014.

Watched bball as a kid and watched bball/football in college, but that hockey game was my 1st live UConn event ever.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I was on the field for the opening of the rent as a marcher for the Newington Marching Band in 03. It's kinda fuzzy, but I know I had to memorize the fight song.

Now I'm hooked, found the BY, and have had season tickets starting for hockey(14-15) soccer(15), and football(15)

I sit in D against the wall for soccer, 241 for football, and 107 for hockey.

Make it to a few baseball and bball games live a year.

Excited for new baseball and soccer facilities.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom