Hired gun | The Boneyard

Hired gun

Reaction Score
I will propose a totally hypothetical scenario. Don't bother with telling me why it would never happen. I don't care about that. I am after the number.

The scenario is this. There is a coach who can guarantee a national championship. But he only wants to coach for one year. After the championship, he is gone, and you are back to where you were before him except that you have a championship.

The question is, what would you be willing to pay him for that year and that championship?

Reaction Score
I’d say most likely yes though it depends on the price. At some point there is an amount which is too high.

Reaction Score
I will propose a totally hypothetical scenario. Don't bother with telling me why it would never happen. I don't care about that. I am after the number.

The scenario is this. There is a coach who can guarantee a national championship. But he only wants to coach for one year. After the championship, he is gone, and you are back to where you were before him except that you have a championship.

The question is, what would you be willing to pay him for that year and that championship?

Soooo you're looking for a job?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

Trick question. The NCAA would ban us that year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I'd be willing to suffer through a four year stretch with just one tournament appearance but I can only speak for myself.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Better that than a coach who wins a championship and proceeds to stick around and become lousy at his job, while you have to keep paying him year after year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We don’t need 1 national title. We need a return to 25 win seasons and sweet 16s in our bad years and elite 8s in our good years.
A national championship would be nice too.
shrug.png

Reaction Score

I don’t have bank enough to pay any coach. Who on this site does? And if someone does why aren’t they financing the buyout?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom