Hire Dan Orlovsky as HC | The Boneyard

Hire Dan Orlovsky as HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because why not, he is pretty much having the career path that Kevin Ollie had, career backups usually make good head coaches, he's worked with many different qbs including Peyton Manning. Kliff Kingsbury is around the same age as Dan O.

Now I'm not saying fire Diaco he needs more time to be fair but down the road you never know.

Reaction Score
Because why not, he is pretty much having the career path that Kevin Ollie had, career backups usually make good head coaches, he's worked with many different qbs including Peyton Manning. Kliff Kingsbury is around the same age as Dan O.

Now I'm not saying fire Diaco he needs more time to be fair but down the road you never know.
Dan O is not qualified to even be a position coach. Maybe some day but he needs to be more than a clip board holder in the N F L before he gets any major coachiing position, anywhere.

Reaction Score
Dan O is not qualified to even be a position coach. Maybe some day but he needs to be more than a clip board holder in the N F L before he gets any major coachiing position, anywhere.

I'm not saying now he would need a good 2-3 years of coaching experience before becoming a HC.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would usually think this is a dumb idea but after this year I learned career assistants can coach for years without learning how to run a program.

Reaction Score
I would usually think this is a dumb idea but after this year I learned career assistants can coach for years without learning how to run a program.

Just trying to come out with outside the box thinking, what's the worst that can happen well suck, maybe well beat army one day.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sign me up! Can't get much worse.

Reaction Score

Given the hours and days he has spent in film and analysis and advising the starters, I would say he might be overqualified to be a QB coach.

If he chooses that path, he will have a great career as a coach.

Reaction Score
Steve spurrier was a clipboard holder, nick Saban never played pro football,same with urban Meyer and most coaches in the SEC or Big 12

That being said he could imo be a super qb coach or oc NEXT year at UCONN
And a head coach in the xext 5-7 years

People who say he can't do it don't know him well enough I would never bet against him
And btw he has been around some good qb' sand coaches in the Nfl not many Qb's are in the league for 10 years

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Scoe: "Yeah, DanO!! Great tweet, man! Ya know, DanO would be a great coach."

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Last time we had a notion of an offense. Plays in NFL ,albeit a career backup. Yeah... Agree

Reaction Score
Great. So he can come here and do a bad job and then the BY can hate him too. Lovely idea.

Reaction Score
Dj Hernandez has some coaching experience at least. He is the tightend coach at Iowa, not sure if he would return to Uconn, but certainly makes more sense to talk about than Dan O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom