Hip check shows Ducharme doing fine | The Boneyard

Hip check shows Ducharme doing fine

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Hip check shows Ducharme doing fine​

By Carl Adamec / Journal Inquirer Oct 15, 2022

Caroline's hip pain was with her through at least her senior year in high school and her entire freshman season at UCONN. She realized she needed an operation. But she had had two other major surgeries in a 4 year time frame and was not mentally prepared to go through another. She thought she could manage the pain, however, she was wrong. During a talk with Geno about how much pain she was experiencing it was decided to have the operation immediately after last year's season. Currently Caroline still experiences some soreness but no where near the pain she was experiencing last season. Interestingly, her sister, Ashley, had the same operation. Heredity? At present Caroline is feeling stronger and smooth when doing team practices. Her biggest problem was as she says it was "mentally draining" after two other surgeries and recoveries. However, the UCONN people and culture helped greatly. Basically she said "I have to work and play smarter not harder." Geno says she still wants to go all out.

Reaction Score
Caroline is who UCONN's team is made of from their past teams to this years team .GRIT,DETERMINATION and DESIRE to excel. The backbone of GENO,s coaching style that he has perfected to the best in women's college basketball. I always got a kick out of when pundits posted that UCONN was bad for women's BB, because of their dominance. One TV announcer stated " if you want your team to get better, go to STORRS and watch one of his practices." I've been following UCONN since 2013 and believe that UCONN was the best thing that ever happened to women's college basketball when GENO became their coach. GO HUSKIES!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom