Hilarious: Baylor player explains how Yale out-rebounded the Bears | The Boneyard

Hilarious: Baylor player explains how Yale out-rebounded the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
During a timeout, the Baylor seniors Prince and Gathers go into with each other. See the video . I don't think I've seen teamates react like that on camera during the NCAA before.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's not wrong, but I think it was a polite way of saying that Yale played harder and smarter.

Reaction Score
During a timeout, the Baylor seniors Prince and Gathers go into with each other. See the video . I don't think I've seen teamates react like that on camera during the NCAA before.

BoatrightNapierCommunicationIssues.gif

yes, I know it's not the same thing. :rolleyes:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
When we lose a game in our local industrial basketball league, I'm pissed for at least a few minutes.

Imagine how these kids feel losing in the tournament, then put them at a press conference and have some mouth breather try to provoke a response with a passive aggressive question. I like the kid's response.

That said, go Yale! Awesome to see them win.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
who was that jerk reporter anyway? guy was clearly trying to provoke a response.

it was really uncalled for, IMO
His tone is what was offensive. The question could have been asked in a way that wasn't a veiled insult to Baylor, which is how it came across.

I wonder if the reporter knew that Yale is statistically one of the best rebounding teams in the country.

Reaction Score
That was funny? Really?

In context, yes. Obviously the kid isn't going to be doing standup comedy after an NCAA loss. He's giving a drippingly snide comment to come back to an unprofessionally snide question.

It wasn't even a good question - Yale only missed 23 shots from the floor and Baylor missed 38. Odds always favor the defensive team, so a 36-32 edge for Yale isn't nearly as out of whack as the reporter seems to think (although Baylor would have surely liked to have had more success on the offensive glass than they did).

The better question would be how Yale shot 53 percent.

Reaction Score
BoatrightNapierCommunicationIssues.gif

yes, I know it's not the same thing. :rolleyes:

Can we take a minute to acknowledge, with hindsight, how hard it must have been for Boat, a complete alpha dog himself, to let Shabazz completely alpha that 2014 team? I know we have heard they butted heads a bit, but that team doesn't win the ship unless Boat allows Shabazz to completely run things. Must have been extremely challenging for Boat. Just another reason to love the kid.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Can we take a minute to acknowledge, with hindsight, how hard it must have been for Boat, a complete alpha dog himself, to let Shabazz completely alpha that 2014 team? I know we have heard they butted heads a bit, but that team doesn't win the ship unless Boat allows Shabazz to completely run things. Must have been extremely challenging for Boat. Just another reason to love the kid.
Amen!!!!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Baylor has the dirtiest Athletic Department this side of Russia, but I give props to Prince on that answer. He even gave that reporter a chance to re-phrase the question in a non-offensive way, but he had to keep at it "what I asked was, how did "yale" outrebound "BAYLOR"?"

F off jerk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His tone is what was offensive. The question could have been asked in a way that wasn't a veiled insult to Baylor, which is how it came across.

I wonder if the reporter knew that Yale is statistically one of the best rebounding teams in the country.
The reporter asked an uninformed question, he deserved this response.

There is 2 teams in the Top 25 in offensive and defensive rebounding, Yale is one

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The Baylor player will be a great coach someday. He has the explanation for how to rebound down pat. Those who can, play, those who can't, coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom