Hiking the Norwegian Fiords | The Boneyard

Hiking the Norwegian Fiords

Reaction Score
We'll be in Scandinavia this June. Mainly city travel, but planning 4 or 5 days around the Norwegian Fiords. We like to stay in a single hotel if possible and do day trips (we'll have a car). About 10 miles/day of hiking is what we like. Any advice?

Reaction Score
It has been ages since I went to Norway. But just budget ahead of time as it is a very expensive place to travel! I can not offer advice on hotels as when I went with my (ex)gf as 23 year olds and we just couch surfed or camped at different campsites around the country to save dough and doing that made it possible to rent a car to drive around as we felt THAT was a better use of our money. Than we just cooked rice and other basic stuff at the camp grounds. With that said, absolutely hike the fjords, it is so nice...If you can, take the train from Bergen to Oslo, as the scenery is amazing. (but for some reason Bergen-Oslo is better than the other way around).

Reaction Score
I stayed in Stavangar for a couple weeks about 15 years ago for work. There's a very nice waterfront area there with excellent restaurants and from what I can remember hotels. Definitely recommend hiking up to the pulpit rock (aka Preikestolen). You will never forget it. I was talking to a Norwegian national a couple weeks ago and he just told me they filmed the next Mission Impossible movie there FWIW. Driving there required taking a car on a ferry (and we almost missed the last one back) but it was worth it. I would love to go back but will likely need to wait for all the kids to be out of the house first!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom