Hightower Waived

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This is big news for those of us who are rooting for Kelly Faris to make the team. I agree that it comes down now to her or Jessica January for the last guard spot. My predictions about the Sun's personnel decisions haven't been very accurate so far, but even though January is probably a better athlete and potentially a bigger scorer, but her lack of experience and the fact that you really can't predict what kind of a WNBA player she will be, should work against her.

With Kelly they are definitely getting a known quantity, with known strengths and limitations, and it is fairly easy to predict what she will produce. The question is how they rate the odds of January producing more than that.

Reaction Score
Allie Hightower is a great person. I hope she lands somewhere. Injuries suck. I loved when she played for the Sun. She can always say she was at one time an All Star. I'll miss her.

Reaction Score
Really did not look like she was ready for the W yet. Maybe next year. Very sad for her, she had terrible luck with injuries.

This should make room for January or Faris.

Hightower Waived By Sun - Connecticut Sun

14 Remain:

Danielle Adams
Rachel Banham
Alex Bentley
Kelly Faris
Jonquel Jones
Lynetta Kizer
Shekinna Stricklen
Alyssa Thomas
Jasmine Thomas
Morgan Tuck
Courtney Williams
Brionna Jones
Jessica January
Adaora Elonu
Add one to your list: Jordan Hooper was signed by CT.

psconn

Reaction Score
Add one to your list: Jordan Hooper was signed by CT.

Hooper..... interesting. Things are getting crazy... former Sun guard Erin Phillips waived also. She would actually be a decent fit for Miller's system. Pretty late in the game now, though.

Phillips is more experienced and shoots for better percentages than Hooper.

Reaction Score
Hooper..... interesting. Things are getting crazy... former Sun guard Erin Phillips waived also. She would actually be a decent fit for Miller's system. Pretty late in the game now, though.
Erin Phillips being waived may leave room for Saniya.

psconn

Reaction Score
Erin Phillips being waived may leave room for Saniya.

Kinda looks like Saniya is in from the make-up of the remaining roster. They need to shed a post player and that would make 12 total.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom