Highlights v. Wichita State | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Wichita State

Reaction Score
That play at the halftime buzzer was one of the best UConn plays that I've seen in years. The sequence of full-court inbounding, quick passing & draining of a 3. Beautifully done.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I thought Tyler played with a lot more toughness and grit. Wasn’t affraid to get in the paint and use his body, alter shots, grab boards. Very important that he plays like this moving forward.

Reaction Score
While its much easier to look real good against a bad team, you can see some of the players are making legitimate strides which will bode well for next season. Carlton gets much better position on the low block and is starting to show a little bit of toughness as well. Vital plays so much more under control this season, it is amazing to see his transformation under Hurley.

Nice to see Diarra get a hoop toward the end of the game, he seems to be able to run the floor fairly well and perhaps he can give us a little bit of a spark throughout the remainder of the season.

Reaction Score
Carlton is underrated in terms of potential. The narrative that he’d barely play on a traditional UConn team is overkill in my opinion. We’ve had plenty of guys that were pretty raw and became good players. He’s progressing quickly. I was pushing for more Cobb but Josh is clearly starting to get how this works and I’m happy for him.

One thing I’ll add, much like when we played Cuse, if we hit the 3, we are actually a pretty good team. We have to continue to shoot competently to recover this season and I just haven’t been convinced that we can keep up decent shooting for more than a couple games in row. Anyway, all those jumpers really opened up the floor and it is no coincidence Josh looked a lot better when the long balls were falling.

Reaction Score
I thought Tyler played with a lot more toughness and grit. Wasn’t affraid to get in the paint and use his body, alter shots, grab boards. Very important that he plays like this moving forward.
Like most of the board I suspect you missed he block shots in the last couple of days.
Carlton and Polley are still kids . Polley needs raw strenght and Carlton need a little more quickness and strength . They will both be remembered fondly.
I respect Hurley more because he recognized this well before most Bonehead Yarders.
Credit who ever found those guys as 3 stars. Vital is another lowly rated guy whose exceeded expectations not just this year.
As a basketball guy I love to see this and it’s the difference between college and NBA and another reason to dislike one and dones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom