Highlights v. Syracuse | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Syracuse

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The sequence at 2:15. If we can get that reliable we have a chance inside against some tougher frontcourts.

Reaction Score
Strangest highlights from ACC. This was the “Game Recap” that came up when I Googled UConn Men’s Basketball. 2 minutes of all fruit. I guess we were an afterthought.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Happy with the win but man watching the highlights it’s kind of embarrassing how bad Syracuse was at having hands up and rotating in the zone. The threes in particular were hardly challenged, though some were from beyond the NBA line. I mean UConn had good ball movement but I remember some past Syracuse teams that had the zone on a string and this team just doesn’t right now.

They will probably give a lot of teams problems with their length and athleticism but they have serious issues with shooting and defense right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We went after them old school Uconn style. Some of the younger posters won't remember the times Uconn would score less than 4 seconds after their opponent just scored. Happened at least 3 times last night. Must have given JBNP flashbacks to 95/96.

Opening the game with the back door lob was genius. Never saw that highlight again until now btw. Couple back screens from Vital and Carlton executed perfectly. Reminiscent of the Bazz and Boat era.

Hustle can hide and mitigate faults. 20+ turnovers against a good team doesn't have to lead to defeat if you beat them to just about every loose ball.

Reactions: caw

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think our mistakes are kind of good news. We have plenty of room to get better. And we will.

Reaction Score
Strangest highlights from ACC. This was the “Game Recap” that came up when I Googled UConn Men’s Basketball. 2 minutes of all fruit. I guess we were an afterthought.

For them to make a 2 minute highlight reel in a loss to us with the narrative being that Cuse hung in there is quite complimentary of UConn. It's essentially a digitalized t-shirt.

As of right now, no one besides FCS teams would make a 2 minute highlight reel about a tough loss to UConn football.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Tarin Smith is even better in the highlights. He has surreptitiously been the best player on the team. Mr. efficiency.
the fact that he has a great mid-range game is a great surprise for us

Reaction Score
He is an excellent addition and pretty much what this specific team needed for the way they want to play.
Who the heck started ahead of him at his old school or is he just one of those guys that prefers watching a little of the game before he gets in.
Don’t laugh a heady PG type will see a lot more from the bench than someone on the floor. He may even be talking to the coach about what they see and want to do.
That indicates a pretty advanced level of maturity. That’s why do many PG’s become coaches.
What a fantastic luxury.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Tarin Smith is even better in the highlights. He has surreptitiously been the best player on the team. Mr. efficiency.

Lock down defender.
Great mid-range game.
Made some nice passes - second on the team with 6 assists.
Finishes well around the rim with both hands.
Dude's a Swiss Army Knife. What a get!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom