Highlights v. Manhattan | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Manhattan

Reaction Score
Thanks again. You would think that there wouldn’t be any highlights based on the comments here.

Reaction Score
Thanks again. You would think that there wouldn’t be any highlights based on the comments here.

18 turnovers against one of the worst teams in the country is bad, but at the same time it was quite the block party last night.

Manhattan also intentionally plays an ugly game of basketball and for much of the game dictated that pace. Interestingly enough, UConn's Adjusted Tempo actually went up after last night from 25 to 22 which I find surprising.

Just a lot of open shots that were missed and unforced turnovers that have become a common theme 11 games in.

Reaction Score
Thanks, SS. I'm away visiting my in-laws in Arizona, so this is a perfect substitute for the game!

pj

Reaction Score
Manhattan also intentionally plays an ugly game of basketball and for much of the game dictated that pace. Interestingly enough, UConn's Adjusted Tempo actually went up after last night from 25 to 22 which I find surprising.

Two things:
- Kenpom Adjusted Tempo adjusts for the opponent's usual pace. So if we got Manhattan to play more possessions than their average, we get credit for a high Adjusted Tempo.
- Kenpom is still including some of last year in statistics, and with each game some of last year drops off. With the significantly faster tempo compared to last year, we get an exaggerated increase in Adjusted Tempo with each game played, more than what you'd expect from the game's statistics alone.

Against Manhattan UConn had 70.4 possessions (56 FGA, 14 OREB, 24 FTA, 17 TO, see Ratings Glossary | The kenpom.com blog). Last year UConn averaged 68 possessions (32 games, 1832 FGA, 326 OREB, 593 FTA, 403 TO). Manhattan this year is averaging 64 possessions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yakwe made some sick plays on the defensive end. Nice to see that carry over from FSU.

Rewatching his first block, that was the first time I've ever heard someone call "and-one" then get blocked back to the to the stone ages.

Reaction Score
Sid looks to be coming more comfortable on the floor. He has a nice stroke and has a lot of bounce.
Watching these highlights, Sid makes plays that we have not seen from other players this year. Definitely looks like he's getting more comfortable. It's gonna be fun watching him look for his shot and be more assertive.

Thanks for the highlights @Storrs South.

Reaction Score
Rewatching his first block, that was the first time I've ever heard someone call "and-one" then get blocked back to the to the stone ages.
Wish they showed the replay on that one!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom