Highlights v. LIU | The Boneyard

Highlights v. LIU

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice work. It was Cole, Gaff, Jackson, Martin and Akok who really opened the game up starting with about 10 minutes to go in the first half. It was 18-16 Huskies and then the put the clamps on defense and the track shoes on for transition and offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I believe there were more dunks in this game than in the entirety of KO's last two seasons.

Well, when Dan H first got here he made mention how really good teams dunk a bunch in games and his UConn team didn't dunk a whole bunch.

Dan H must be much happier this year.

Reaction Score
Well, when Dan H first got here he made mention how really good teams dunk a bunch in games and his UConn team didn't dunk a whole bunch.

Is it just me or did this game look like a throwback to the Uconn teams of old? Defense, fastbreak dunks ending in a huge blow out. It felt like early 2000s again.

Reaction Score

My favorite moment of the game was Gaffney missing the 3, Akok gets the rebound and kicks it back out and with absolutely NO HESITATION Gaff put it right back up with confidence. I have my doubts about him but he is really starting to change my mind. He made a few bad plays today but didnt sulk and disappear instead he kept playing and contributing. If this kid plays at this level all season. Wow! Just wow!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My favorite moment of the game was Gaffney missing the 3, Akok gets the rebound and kicks it back out and with absolutely NO HESITATION Gaff put it right back up with confidence. I have my doubts about him but he is really starting to change my mind. He made a few bad plays today but didnt sulk and disappear instead he kept playing and contributing. If this kid plays at this level all season. Wow! Just wow!

Loved that play as well. Complete confidence on the reload by Gaff.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sanogo finally looks more assertive. The way he looks to dunk and get to the rim to dunk is something we’ve all been begging for. He is almost a complete big. Just needs a 8-12 foot jumper and not get into foul trouble. But man has he progressed into a stud. We’ll see how he does against Auburn.

Jackson is a problem. If he can play 1/2 of what he did offensively here than it changes the game for us. Defensively we know what he’s going to bring.

Hawkins will be a stud. I love how we run the floor.

One thing we’re missing as a team that we’ve had in the past is someone you know can get you a bucket when you need and can get to the foul line at will. We need a bucket getter in crunch time or when we’re down. All these things will be addressed when we get to the Bahamas

Reaction Score
Dunks by Jackson, Sanogo, Polley, Martin, Akok and Johnson...did I miss anyone ?

Reaction Score
That 2nd half stretch (it seemed like the entire half) where they ran like crazy and pushed the ball seemingly every time they had it, getting fast break dunks or layups, and rejecting shot after shot on the defensive end, gave me shivers. My gosh, they reminded of some of the past UConn teams that just dominated and attacked in waves. As soon as they got the ball off a rebound, RJ, Gaff, and Andre just took off and had lots of teammates running and ready to receive it. Yes, this was LIU, but still It was fun to watch and the players were all enjoying themselves. Very nice!

Reaction Score
It’s exactly what rashad used to do. He must have been watching some of his tape this offseason lol. Gaff is a really really good 3 point shooter.

Reaction Score
I heard that Andre Jackson’s block on the alley oop was Scott Van Pelt’s “Best Thing I saw Today.” Pretty cool. I can’t find the video anywhere so can someone share it if they know how or where to get a replay of it?

Reaction Score
I thought our running paid off in a sense that LIU looked GASSED most of the second half. Every time they showed Kante he was breathing heavy, missing his free throws, and a non-factor after being a force in the first half.

I'm sure the better teams will be deeper and way better conditioned but still good to see it affect the game.

Reaction Score

yeah that was the exact quote I was thinking of when I watched this game. I knew I liked DH from that moment.

Reaction Score
It’s exactly what rashad used to do. He must have been watching some of his tape this offseason lol. Gaff is a really really good 3 point shooter.
Gaff made a good amount last year but I didn't really feel good when the ball left his hands. Maybe that was all in my head. But this year he just looks so confident and smooth.

Reaction Score
I heard that Andre Jackson’s block on the alley oop was Scott Van Pelt’s “Best Thing I saw Today.” Pretty cool. I can’t find the video anywhere so can someone share it if they know how or where to get a replay of it?
That was one of the best things ive seen all week. That was a fantastic block. If that kid develops a consistent jumper and becomes a legit 15+ppg with everything he can do he is a national player of the year favorite in my book.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom