Highlights v. DePaul | The Boneyard

Highlights v. DePaul

Reaction Score
I can’t get over how bad the broadcast was last night. Every one of these baskets has a second long delay before the play by play guy makes the call

Reaction Score
Obviously the Bouk steal-behind the back dribble-windmill was the play of the game but how about the give and go with him and Josh to the corner Martin 3? Early 2nd half. That to me was one of the better plays I’ve seen from this team in the half court in years.

Josh has improved a ton as the top of the key as a point forward, especially since Whaley has been on the bench a lot with fouls. Less fumbling up there and his bball IQ seems improved. Screens still need some work.

Would love to see Martin up there in that role when Akok is back (the center typically takes that role so the others can stretch the floor — obviously Akok is the lone player who can play center and stretch the floor). The team really started clicking last year when Whaley excelled in that role.

Having someone in that role is the key to Hurley’s half court offense as it sets up everything. When it works as you saw last night that’s how they get the corner 3s. Sanogo can set screens but his hands and passing aren’t close to good enough yet for this role. Wouldn’t mind seeing what Akok would do with that role either — with or without Martin on the court. I think if you can interchange both of them as the point forward it makes it that much harder to defend.

There is a lot of gripe about the PG play on offense (and rightfully so) but if you watch Hurleys half court offense it relies on the point forward more than a PG — think the Nuggets with Jokic for the NBA fans. PGs running the offense needs to be better (especially when Sanogo is on the court) but if Josh and Whaley are capable as the point forward then you don’t really need to rely on the PGs as running the offense as much.

Reaction Score
Obviously the Bouk steal-behind the back dribble-windmill was the play of the game but how about the give and go with him and Josh to the corner Martin 3? Early 2nd half. That to me was one of the better plays I’ve seen from this team in the half court in years.

Josh has improved a ton as the top of the key as a point forward, especially since Whaley has been on the bench a lot with fouls. Less fumbling up there and his bball IQ seems improved. Screens still need some work.

Would love to see Martin up there in that role when Akok is back (the center typically takes that role so the others can stretch the floor — obviously Akok is the lone player who can play center and stretch the floor). The team really started clicking last year when Whaley excelled in that role.

Having someone in that role is the key to Hurley’s half court offense as it sets up everything. When it works as you saw last night that’s how they get the corner 3s. Sanogo can set screens but his hands and passing aren’t close to good enough yet for this role. Wouldn’t mind seeing what Akok would do with that role either — with or without Martin on the court. I think if you can interchange both of them as the point forward it makes it that much harder to defend.

There is a lot of gripe about the PG play on offense (and rightfully so) but if you watch Hurleys half court offense it relies on the point forward more than a PG — think the Nuggets with Jokic for the NBA fans. PGs running the offense needs to be better (especially when Sanogo is on
Yeah I thought the steal and behind the back dribble were actually more impressive than the dunk. One of the best “defense leading to offense” plays I’ve seen in a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom