Highlights v. Creighton | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Creighton

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Re-watching the game now on FS2. Donnie says “ Creighton is doing everything they need to do setting screens getting rebounds…” and the other commentator says “Donnie they’ve missed 15 shots in a row.” :D

Reaction Score
So many good things being done here. More penetration, 3s falling, Sanogo putting on a show for the scouts, Jackson just being Jackson defense all around, decent rebounding. Can they win if we take away one of these elements - like 3s. Sometimes they just don’t fall. Then what? Those are the questions that hopefully will be answered as we bang our way through the BE.

Reaction Score
Re-watching the game now on FS2. Donnie says “ Creighton is doing everything they need to do setting screens getting rebounds…” and the other commentator says “Donnie they’ve missed 15 shots in a row.” :D
You got the game time that happened? I need to grab that clip

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
We talk about Adama's footwork and rightfully so, but I homed in on his plays in this highlight reel and counted three walks and one three-second violation.
  • At 2:42 - he took like 4 steps after picking up his dribble while fighting for position with Kalkbrenner
  • At 3:09 - while collecting himself, he briefly shuffled his feet
  • At 5:05 - no travel here, this is beautiful footwork
  • At 5:15 - another travel. it's nearly imperceptible, but he moved his pivot
  • At 7:05 - no travel here but this is definitely more than 3 seconds in the lane

Reaction Score
We talk about Adama's footwork and rightfully so, but I homed in on his plays in this highlight reel and counted three walks and one three-second violation.
  • At 2:42 - he took like 4 steps after picking up his dribble while fighting for position with Kalkbrenner
  • At 7:05 - no travel here but this is definitely more than 3 seconds in the lane
Really nitpicking here. They call a single one of those and I’m losing my damn mind.

Reaction Score
I feel like every time Sanogo touches the ball, refs just eat their whistles. They don’t call fouls and they don’t call travels. I did notice two possessions of very blatant carries though. That should absolutely be called

Reaction Score
We
If you want to see a real travel go look up Farabello taking ball out of bounds after dead ball, travels but no call. The Kaluma scoop shot moved his pivot foot twice - no call.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You got the game time that happened? I need to grab that clip
No, but I feel like it would be around 10 minutes left. You could check the game cast and look for where they missed 15 in a row.

Reaction Score
I was at the game but it's just clear as day Donny is not good at his job. I know he's our boy, but not only does he say comments like this but he also talks through big moments like that chant when he should have let the crowd come through the TV rather than try to talk through it...

Reaction Score
What is wrong with you??? No ref is going to call any of these in real time. You have the ability to go back and watch replays in slow motion. Nitpicking like this solves what exactly?

Reaction Score
Damn, this was a loud chant.

Does anyone know of other schools that have a similar tradition (chant something in unison when opponent calls timeout after a big run)? I feel like it must be fairly common, and yet I can't think of another school that does it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In five plays where Adama has the ball and is going iso, Dre heads to the baseline just as someone is going to double him pulling off the double. Don’t recall seeing this as often in previous games.

Reaction Score
post players, like drew timme and sanogo, labelled with “great footwork” are just really good at getting away with traveling by not looking clumsy

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
post players, like drew timme and sanogo, labelled with “great footwork” are just really good at getting away with traveling by not looking clumsy
Add small guards that palm the ball on every Hesi/Crossover. Traveling is a skill.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Add small guards that palm the ball on every Hesi/Crossover. Traveling is a skill.
Not small by any means, but I always felt that the obvious carry/palm just walking up the court, started with Magic. And has spread since then. I remember Dickie V bitching that Chris Smith palmed the ball on every bounce when he was in traffic, but that was nowhere near as blatant as Magic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not small by any means, but I always felt that the obvious carry/palm just walking up the court, started with Magic. And has spread since then. I remember Dickie V bitching that Chris Smith palmed the ball on every bounce when he was in traffic, but that was nowhere near as blatant as Magic.
Fudge Packer!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom