Highlights v. CCSU | The Boneyard

Highlights v. CCSU

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It'll be interesting how we matchup physically when we player bigger teams.

Jackson is going to be a monster.

Our team is very deep. It comes down to can we not foul at away from the basket, can we finish around the rim, and will we hit our threes. Our offense was very slow last year. Hoping with Jackson handling the ball and our new PG's we push the tempo often

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting how we matchup physically when we player bigger teams.

Jackson is going to be a monster.

Our team is very deep. It comes down to can we not foul at away from the basket, can we finish around the rim, and will we hit our threes. Our offense was very slow last year. Hoping with Jackson handling the ball and our new PG's we push the tempo often
It was encouraging to see them push the pace in transition today. It felt like everyone on the court was looking to push off of a change in possession. Hopefully we keep that up against better competition because with this size and athleticism, that’s hard to defend.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Teams will try their damnedest to beat us down court and make us set up on offense. You can guarantee that. So many times last night we were laying it in or dunking it before CCSU even realized we had the ball. There’s obviously a huge

I think our playmaking in the half court will be better than most. Obviously tough to gain much from a 50 point win but Tyrese looked more confident slashing and had a better handle. Jackson is obviously dynamic. Stacked at Guard. Whaley is reliable passing from the top of the key.

If we can get an at least “okay” pick and pop game going with Whaley or Sanogo it’s done.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Teams will try their damnedest to beat us down court and make us set up on offense. You can guarantee that. So many times last night we were laying it in or dunking it before CCSU even realized we had the ball. There’s obviously a huge

I think our playmaking in the half court will be better than most. Obviously tough to gain much from a 50 point win but Tyrese looked more confident slashing and had a better handle. Jackson is obviously dynamic. Stacked at Guard. Whaley is reliable passing from the top of the key.

If we can get an at least “okay” pick and pop game going with Whaley or Sanogo it’s done.
**huge size and athleticism disparity

Reaction Score
Awesome, @Storrs South.

One of the many things that got me excited was the coast-to-coast drive from Martin at 3:24. In Charlotte Carroll's article about UConn's pace, Martin is quoted "[Hurley] wanting to get back into [a faster pace] now is definitely something that I’m excited to be a part of."

Also, props to Gaff for a 2-3 night from three. For some reason, people here keep forgetting he was the team's second most efficient shooter from three last season.

Reaction Score
DO NOT GET ME WRONG, I was there last night and was very pleasantly surprised by how sharp we looked especially in the first half. If I had to be devils advocate and bring up what we could work on: Andre having some more conviction from the three point line and TAKING THE SHOT. Albeit in one situation he dumped it down low to Sanogo for a easy bucket and in another situation pump-faked and drove for a 10 foot floater. Nice to see Akok get a nice medley of blocks, points rebounds and by golly seeing that explosiveness!! Lets stay humble UCONN and work towards that ultimate goal!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom