HIGHLIGHTS: Crystal Dangerfield (21 pts., 5 Ast., 2 Reb.) Vs. Sparks | The Boneyard

HIGHLIGHTS: Crystal Dangerfield (21 pts., 5 Ast., 2 Reb.) Vs. Sparks

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In just a few weeks, Crystal has adjusted to play at this level. She’s still fun to watch. :D Coach Reeve knows exactly what she‘s going to get, and what she can expect from Collier. Crystal is beginning to move into that same level of consistency. Napheesa and Crystal, the UConn connection still getting it done. ;)

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Crystal is becoming a nightmare for opposing coaches to defend. She is lightning quick and she doesn’t need much space to get off her shot. I am amazed that she can effectively get into the lane in the W for a midrange jumper while opposing post players desperately attempt to rotate and close her out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal is becoming a nightmare for opposing coaches to defend. She is lightning quick and she doesn’t need much space to get off her shot. I am amazed that she can effectively get into the lane in the W for a midrange jumper while opposing post players desperately attempt to rotate and close her out.

She also has an interesting hi arc shot put like style (out of necessity) to her mid range and short range jumpers that seems to limit the ball rotation and if it hits the rim, does so very softly.

Also, just thinking how her name (and stature) might be very attractive to advertisement opportunities. :)

Reaction Score
I have to admit, I was one of those who questioned whether Crystal's game would translate well to the WNBA, however I was completely wrong: Actually, Crystal thus has far has become a better pro than she was a collegiate player. We got flashes of this at UConn but never this type of amazing consistent high scoring and assists!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
In just a few weeks, Crystal has adjusted to play at this level. She’s still fun to watch. :D Coach Reeve knows exactly what she‘s going to get, and what she can expect from Collier. Crystal is beginning to move into that same level of consistency. Napheesa and Crystal, the UConn connection getting it done. ;)
Both of their high school teams were ranked in the top five when they played against each other twice. Collier's team won the first game and Dangerfield's team won the second one. They probably never thought they would play together in college and the WNBA.

Carnac

Reaction Score
or they don't see her. ;)

I remind you what that noted philosopher, Dirty Harry once said: “ a man (woman) has got to know his limitations.“ Opposing players know they can’t stay in front of Crystal for more than a step. :D

Reaction Score
WNBA ROY without question, and serious consideration for league MVP. To take over the reigns of a team and play with such confidence, and exhibit such leadership is just plain outrageous!

Carnac

Reaction Score
When Crystal has the ball now, the entire defense is looking at her. She's my favorite player in the W to watch. Ms. Excitement!

And the scary thing for opponents is, she’s a rookie. Her play and confidence will only improve with each passing season. Along with Odessey Sims and Lexie Brown, the Lynx are set at guard for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
If Maya comes back at some point, it will be great to see three huskies thriving on one team and would make them one of the top 3 teams probably in the WNBA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Went to Darko Muhl's page to pick this up. Love it.

I do find it a little strange they are using an old picture (one of her first few games) with her hair bunned before she adopted her new hair style. (which I am a big fan of)

1598991812750.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, technically speaking once you graduate from UConn you lose you player's license to the Husky Bun.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And the scary thing for opponents is, she’s a rookie. Her play and confidence will only improve with each passing season. Along with Odessey Sims and Lexie Brown, the Lynx are set at guard for the foreseeable future.
It was said earlier in the season that when Lexi Brown came back and Odessey Sims got in shape, Dangerfield's minutes would diminish greatly. Well, that did not and probably will not happen. She is playing now as if she knows she can do whatever she needs to do when necessary. The only thing I don't want to see her do is take the last shot at the end of a quarter or game. She still needs to improve on that. She is fun and exciting to watch. I am so glad for her.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It was said earlier in the season that when Lexi Brown came back and Odessey Sims got in shape, Dangerfield's minutes would diminish greatly. Well, that did not and probably will not happen. She is playing now as if she knows she can do whatever she needs to do when necessary. The only thing I don't want to see her do is take the last shot at the end of a quarter or game. She still needs to improve on that. She is fun and exciting to watch. I am so glad for her.

I remember that being said about Crystal. But she was not in the space or comfort zone on the team that she is now. Sims, Brown nor anyone else is going take her minutes. She’s playing too well, consistently for Reeve to reduce her minutes.

Any coach worth their salt knows you never take a player out of the lineup when they’re hot, in rhythm and making plays. Pheesa and Crystal have been carrying the team for the last 2-3 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom