Highlights: Aaliyah Edwards vs SC 25 PTS 2.05.23 | The Boneyard

Highlights: Aaliyah Edwards vs SC 25 PTS 2.05.23

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very nice highlights, especially considering the competition. I think she sealed her selection as 1st Team All-American. In fact, she's Coach P's selection for NPOY.

Reaction Score
Awesome clip. You could really see the consequence of Dawn’s decision to overplay the perimeter. Aaliyah was one-on-one against the SC bigs other than Boston and she was pretty much unstoppable. Same with Lou. Dorka didn’t do so well, mainly isolated against Boston.

Aaliyah is fantastic one-on-one against anyone. Amihere even ended up guarding her on a couple of switches and got smoked despite her superior quickness and reach. She just wasn’t strong enough and Aaliyah now makes decisive moves without hesitation.

Would she play as well had Boston guarded her? Probably not. But Dawn made a calculation here to try to shut down Dorka. This is how much she respects our bigs.

If we play Stanford later, I’m curious how Tara will prepare for them. Will she let Brink guard Aaliyah? Or Dorka? They have a good perimeter game with Jump and Demetre, but I think Nika and Lou can guard them effectively. The real question is whether Aubrey can guard Jones. I have a feeling she’ll do really well against her because she’s not smaller, and she’s a lot quicker and just as strong. If Aubrey shuts down Jones, the pressure will be on Brink Iriafen and Prechdel to carry the team, and I think they’ll struggle without big games from their perimeter players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom