High praise for Kemba | The Boneyard

High praise for Kemba

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A quick glance didn't see this posted. Kemba fans need to check out #2 (The wizardry of Kemba Walker)
in this ESPN hoop article. It's an all out rave. Last few sentences: "Some guys improve their shooting from one area of the floor over several years. Walker has improved on every kind of shot. He has reinvented himself."

UconnAngel

Feed the orphans
Reaction Score
That sick left-arm layup against Bitombo - Kemba did those a few times during the 2011 title run. He just needs to do it more often, if given the opportunities. Even that sicker low dribble to split the two defenders, he has been doing that for years. Jeremy Lin does that too, maybe more often. This ESPN writer must be lauded for his observations, but Kemba is not new to it.

Reaction Score
He mentioned a similar sentiment on his podcast last week.

After seeing Walker's improvement soph to junior year, I had no doubt he'd be a great pro, based on his work ethic alone.

That sick left-arm layup against Bitombo - Kemba did those a few times during the 2011 title run. He just needs to do it more often, if given the opportunities. Even that sicker low dribble to split the two defenders, he has been doing that for years. Jeremy Lin does that too, maybe more often. This ESPN writer must be lauded for his observations, but Kemba is not new to it.

The context of 'new to his repertoire' is that it is newly effective or improved over the years in the NBA. As noted in the article, he was a poor finished early in his NBA career. The writer is Zach Lowe, widely considered the best NBA writer.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Do I recall a left handed layup just like the one you are referring to in the 2011 FF game against Kentucky? Over Josh Harrellson if my memory serves me correctly, I may be wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom