High Knees (ESPN Article on Refs) | The Boneyard

High Knees (ESPN Article on Refs)

Reaction Score
Anderson, the Big East official, has earned the nickname "high knees" because of the way he sprints down the floor during games. An X parody account named after him has nearly 15,000 followers.

"I have a little back problem," Anderson told ESPN about his running style. "My chiropractor suggested that because of how my back was, I should [stand up straight] and bring my knees up as high as I possibly can to take pressure off my back."

Anderson's "high knees" popularity is an outlier, though, as reactions toward officials are often far from lighthearted.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anderson, the Big East official, has earned the nickname "high knees" because of the way he sprints down the floor during games. An X parody account named after him has nearly 15,000 followers.

"I have a little back problem," Anderson told ESPN about his running style. "My chiropractor suggested that because of how my back was, I should [stand up straight] and bring my knees up as high as I possibly can to take pressure off my back."

Anderson's "high knees" popularity is an outlier, though, as reactions toward officials are often far from lighthearted.

I put the odds on that chiropractor actually existing at 10% max

Reaction Score
Jeff Anderson is an excellent referee. One of the best. They noted the high knee trot down court in the last game he did.

Reaction Score
Jeff Anderson is an excellent referee. One of the best. They noted the high knee trot down court in the last game he did.
I will beg to disagree. When it comes to UConn anyway...

Reaction Score
I put the odds on that chiropractor actually existing at 10% max
I can see a chiropracter saying nonsense like that. That is a tough field to evaluate in terms of efficacy. Chiropractic care is beneficial and there are a number quality care providers, but that field is plagued with snake oil salesmen and frauds.

Reaction Score
My wife could not care less about college basketball but she LOVES watching games with high knees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom