OT: high intensive testing /screening required on college campuses (link) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: high intensive testing /screening required on college campuses (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Here's how it works. North of 40% of all Covid positive tests come from asymptomatic persons. That's according to Hopkins or pretty much any other source. Since asymptomatic cases are more prevalent as the age of the infected gets younger. And since college students tend to be a young demographic. I think it is safe to assume that, at least, 50% of the college students that get Covid will be asymptomatic. That would include the subset of UConn students.On the other hand, you assertion that here are "exponential unknowns" associated with the virus is completely unsubstantiated by anything. And your argument about my "bona fides" can be considered an adhominin attack based on the appeal to authority fallacy. If you can read and think my arument is quite logical. This is from the CDC "the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued new guidance that raises the estimate of asymptomatic carriers to 40 percent of people who have COVID-19." I await your apology.
Nobody knows if asymptomatic people develop complications down the line. Speaking for myself, as a young healthy person, I don’t want to risk finding out in 5 years that my lung function is significantly diminished because I have severe lung fibrosis or cardiomyopathy.

Reaction Score
Nobody knows if asymptomatic people develop complications down the line. Speaking for myself, as a young healthy person, I don’t want to risk finding out in 5 years that my lung function is significantly diminished because I have severe lung fibrosis or cardiomyopathy.
BTW, nationally we are currently running at an 8% positivity of those tested. Another way to look at it is that 92% of the people who are tested do not have Covid. So if we say UConn has 20,000 students. About 1,600 will test positive. And if 50% of the positives are symptomatic, that means that 800 will actually get sick or need treatment.

Reaction Score
Here's how it works. North of 40% of all Covid positive tests come from asymptomatic persons. That's according to Hopkins or pretty much any other source. Since asymptomatic cases are more prevalent as the age of the infected gets younger. And since college students tend to be a young demographic. I think it is safe to assume that, at least, 50% of the college students that get Covid will be asymptomatic. That would include the subset of UConn students.On the other hand, you assertion that here are "exponential unknowns" associated with the virus is completely unsubstantiated by anything. And your argument about my "bona fides" can be considered an adhominin attack based on the appeal to authority fallacy. If you can read and think my arument is quite logical. This is from the CDC "the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued new guidance that raises the estimate of asymptomatic carriers to 40 percent of people who have COVID-19." I await your apology.
Over 50 of labs performing testing (here in Florida) reported a 100% positive test for the virus - within the last month. The labs are run by a company in Texas. They have a handful who are reporting in the mid 90's. What most do not understand is that the narrative coming from the CDC is shaped. America assumes the message coming from the CDC is above board. That is not the case. Their narrative is corrupted and controlled. Bill Gates?? What a joke. America is easily fooled. "This is how it works?!" Uh.. no. Put you bacteria colonizing mask on and join the sheople. Folks, you need pursue this stuff deeper. Turn off the TV and pursue many people in the scientific and medical communities. They are going nuts at the BS people are accepting as truth. 99.96 survival rate. Begin to look at the 'from' and 'with' pathologies - being recorded... for cash. 300,000.00 per recorded diagnosis. The truth is coming... Luke 8:17.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
BTW, nationally we are currently running at an 8% positivity of those tested. Another way to look at it is that 92% of the people who are tested do not have Covid. So if we say UConn has 20,000 students. About 1,600 will test positive. And if 50% of the positives are symptomatic, that means that 800 will actually get sick or need treatment.
Ok? That doesn’t change the fact that we don’t know the long term implications of asymptomatic carriers.

Reaction Score
Here's how it works. North of 40% of all Covid positive tests come from asymptomatic persons. That's according to Hopkins or pretty much any other source. Since asymptomatic cases are more prevalent as the age of the infected gets younger. And since college students tend to be a young demographic. I think it is safe to assume that, at least, 50% of the college students that get Covid will be asymptomatic. That would include the subset of UConn students.On the other hand, you assertion that here are "exponential unknowns" associated with the virus is completely unsubstantiated by anything. And your argument about my "bona fides" can be considered an adhominin attack based on the appeal to authority fallacy. If you can read and think my arument is quite logical.." I await your apology.
ok doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34