Hideki Matsui signs with Tampa | The Boneyard

Hideki Matsui signs with Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Minor league deal. I like the move he's a clutch player who will provide pop off the bench.

Reaction Score
Minor league deal. I like the move he's a clutch player who will provide pop off the bench.

Classy player (Except for that huge collection) who is clutch. I am glad someone picked him up.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I love Hideki, but this is a dumb, dumb move. Just because the Rays do it, everyone is going to think it's a great move.

People were the same way about Theo, once upon a time. Then they started paying attention.

FREE BRANDON ALLEN

Reaction Score
I'm pretty happy with the Rays off season moves. Pena, Scott and Rodney are playing like All-stars. Brandon Allen and Godzilla off the waiver wire are no risk moves that I have no clue how you can call a dumb.

zls44

Reaction Score
I'm pretty happy with the Rays off season moves. Pena, Scott and Rodney are playing like All-stars. Brandon Allen and Godzilla off the waiver wire are no risk moves that I have no clue how you can call a dumb.

It's holding back the development of a good young player for no reason whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Brandon Allen has 133 k's in 331 ab's. I hope he hits if not Godzilla is a better stick then we have off the bench. It's no lose.

zls44

Reaction Score
Brandon Allen has 133 k's in 331 ab's. I hope he hits if not Godzilla is a better stick then we have off the bench. It's no lose.

I am a blatant Brandon Allen fanboy and make no apologies! It's just an un-Ray like move to go to a guy like that over a kid. Why mess with what works?

Reaction Score
I am a blatant Brandon Allen fanboy and make no apologies! It's just an un-Ray like move to go to a guy like that over a kid. Why mess with what works?

He just had a great AB up 2-1 in the 8th he draws a walk vs. Izzy with the bases loaded. He has a big swing. What do you like about him? He has been on the Rays radar for the past couple years, I was shocked he passed through waivers.

Reaction Score
Brandon Allen with the walk off. They may be onto something Zls.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why do I have the feeling that if it were the Yankees or Sox who did this, your response would have been along the lines of "Dumb move. The Rays learned their lesson last year with Manny and Damon but evidently nobody paid attention and now another has been is taking up space that a kid who needs the time to develop should have".

Reaction Score
Why do I have the feeling that if it were the Yankees or Sox who did this, your response would have been along the lines of "Dumb move. The Rays learned their lesson last year with Manny and Damon but evidently nobody paid attention and now another has been is taking up space that a kid who needs the time to develop should have".

Damon wasn't bad last year although'll his OBP was low. I love having a lefty power bat off the bench. I thought the Yanks signing Ibanez was a good move and he is older then Matsui. Like I said, low cost and nothing to lose is worth rolling the dice. Hopefully Brandon Allen continues to hit and they won't have a need for Godzilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom