Hey, Svetlana how about a little help | The Boneyard

Hey, Svetlana how about a little help

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hey, Svet! UCONN could have used a couple of bigs. Where was the heads up on these two? Sure now we know about them as professionals. Look around and report on a couple of Russians non-professional bigs with high potential. Use your influence.

"Russia's 6-foot-4 forwards Raisa Musina and Maria Vadeeva combined for 59 points and 29 rebounds as Russia ended the hopes of the U.S. for a seventh consecutive gold medal. Musina had 33 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists while Vadeeva finished with 26 points, 18 rebounds, two assists and three blocked shots."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Good thought SVC, but they are both playing pro. Can you gain NCAA eligibility with that background?

Reaction Score
Hey, Svet! UCONN could have used a couple of bigs. Where was the heads up on these two? Sure now we know about them as professionals. Look around and report on a couple of Russians non-professional bigs with high potential. Use your influence.

"Russia's 6-foot-4 forwards Raisa Musina and Maria Vadeeva combined for 59 points and 29 rebounds as Russia ended the hopes of the U.S. for a seventh consecutive gold medal. Musina had 33 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists while Vadeeva finished with 26 points, 18 rebounds, two assists and three blocked shots."

Lol at "UCONN could use more bigs". But seriously I would love to see both play in the NCAA but seems like longshots considering both are pros and get paid for their dues.

Reaction Score
Good thought SVC, but they are both playing pro. Can you gain NCAA eligibility with that background?

Let us see---Russians--Pro's ---American --Amateurs-, yet it's not a guarantee those pro's can/will beat them.
We fix this issue at the olympic level---how does it get fixed at the Hs/College level??

Reaction Score
Lol at "UCONN could use more bigs". But seriously I would love to see both play in the NCAA but seems like longshots considering both are pros and get paid for their dues.
Actually Uconn could use another big or 2. Any frosh next year may not be ready to do the Div one thing I'm reluctant to go to the next posting---but one player may not opt for another year at Uconn--leaving room for an experienced big.
As other also greedy Fans may say---you never have enough of a good thing./players.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually Uconn could use another big or 2. Any frosh next year may not be ready to do the Div one thing I'm reluctant to go to the next posting---but one player may not opt for another year at Uconn--leaving room for an experienced big.
As other also greedy Fans may say---you never have enough of a good thing./players.

I've got it now! You are Stwainfan in disquise! Only in transition, with some use of capitals and a period now and then! ;) Lordy, you make me work hard reading you sometimes Broadway.

Reaction Score
I've got it now! You are Stwainfan in disquise! Only in transition, with some use of capitals and a period now and then! ;) Lordy, you make me work hard reading you sometimes Broadway.
The solution is easy.

Reaction Score
If you weren't so darn smart (and funny) and didn't share a certain thing in our past I'd ditch you straight away! :D
I'm good to go--except this computer jumps and font size changes--MS updated 10 and stupid me I let them--

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

But are they pros? I thought they were. But maybe not. ;) Can they be documented to be amateurs? How can the NCAA determine their status? "Many athletes enter United States universities after having played in club programs because most countries simply don’t have amateur high school athletics. These programs often combine developmental clubs with professional teams." See
Question..What are the Amateur Eligibility rules for foreign student-athletes? NCAA Amateur Status For Foreign Student Athletes.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

But are they pros? I thought they were. But maybe not. ;) Can they be documented to be amateurs? How can the NCAA determine their status? "Many athletes enter United States universities after having played in club programs because most countries simply don’t have amateur high school athletics. These programs often combine developmental clubs with professional teams." See
Question..What are the Amateur Eligibility rules for foreign student-athletes? NCAA Amateur Status For Foreign Student Athletes.

Reaction Score

?

In terms of NCAA rules of rejecting Foreign Student Athletes for professional status--I doubt the NCAA speaks to that but 2 of our fellow By posters would have the info: Charlie and Coco and a few others including Vowel guy.

Reaction Score

You just identified a hole in the AAU programs, one Geno spoke disgustingly about 8 or so years ago: the AAU programs just play and they learn little about fundamentals. Gifted kids shoot and shoot and shoot.
If the AAU used that opportunity to run developmental clubs and then each program have a development requirement--any advantage the foreign team have/had would be negated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom