OT: Hey Olde Coach, do you know this kid? | The Boneyard

OT: Hey Olde Coach, do you know this kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
American teen, Mikaela Shiffrin, wins world slalom championship.

"The only slalom world champions younger than Shiffrin were Hanni Wenzel of Liechtenstein in 1974 and Esme Mackinnon of Britain in 1931."

LINK

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
He has been following her for quite awhile and is super high on her future..

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
American teen, Mikaela Shiffrin, wins world slalom championship.

"The only slalom world champions younger than Shiffrin were Hanni Wenzel of Liechtenstein in 1974 and Esme Mackinnon of Britain in 1931."

LINK

Do I know her?

I have known her since she was 8 years old. She was born in Vail, CO and started skiing there at age 2. Her family moved to Hanover NH when Mikaela was 8. She has been training with the Burke Mountain Academy kids ever since; and she has been a boarding student at BMA* since she was 13 and in the 8th grade. She is a senior now, and will graduate in June.

Mikaela is an extraordinarily gifted skier -- the best I have seen since Ingemar Stenmark in the 1970's. She has a magical feeling for the ski/snow interface -- and she combines power with a delicate touch in wonderful ways.

Most important, she is the nicest, kindest, most thoughtful, most humble, and hardest working teen ager I have ever known. Barring injury, she will become a legend in the sport of Alpine Ski Racing.

* Burke Mountain Academy is a special "sports academy" for alpine and nordic skiers -- combining a strong academic program with world class ski training in both alpine and nordic disciplines.

I founded BMA in 1970. It was the first sports academy in the USA -- before any of the golf or tennis or gymnastic schools. I was the Headmaster and Senior Alpine Coach at Burke from 1970 to 1984; and have been closely associated with the school ever since.

The last seventeen year old to win an alpine world championship was Dianne Roffe in 1985 -- 28 years ago. And Dianne was also a Senior at BMA.

BMA has placed 100 students and alumni on the US Ski Team and produced 50 Olympians.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Now those are achievements to be justly proud of! Congratulations, OC, and best wishes for Makaela.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom