Hey, I remember this guy! | The Boneyard

Hey, I remember this guy!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Running across this really brightened my afternoon today. One of the better highlight videos I've seen that didn't come out of the hands of tcf15/storrs south. I especially liked that it begins and ends with Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Great video

Have to say, 2011-2012 may have been Calhoun's worst coaching job

Shabazz Napier
Ryan Boatright
Jeremy Lamb
Alex Oriakhi
Andre Drummond
Deandre Daniels
Niels Giffey
Roscoe Smith

sure they were young, struggled finding roles, and came together last minute to create chemistry issues

but that's an incredible amount of talent to finish 20-14 after being ranked #4 in preseason

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that. He arguably meant more to his National Championship team than K. Walker, B. Gordon, E. Okafor, R. Hamilton, and K. El-Amin did to theirs. When there was a shot that had to be made, he made it. Also, one of the best rebounding guards we've ever had.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great video

Shabazz Napier
Ryan Boatright
Jeremy Lamb
Alex Oriakhi
Andre Drummond
Deandre Daniels
Niels Giffey
Roscoe Smith

sure they were young, struggled finding roles, and came together last minute to create chemistry issues

but that's an incredible amount of talent to finish 20-14 after being ranked #4 in preseason
That's three number 1 draft picks and 3 number 2s
Hard to find a more purely talented UConn team ever.
Discontent can destroy the best of talent .Thats why you don't add guys who are unwilling to wait their turn . Thats why I think Waters had more potential to be harmful than helpful.

Reaction Score
Great video

Shabazz Napier
Ryan Boatright
Jeremy Lamb
Alex Oriakhi
Andre Drummond
Deandre Daniels
Niels Giffey
Roscoe Smith

It always seemed like those guys just didn't like each other. Especially Napier, Lamb, and Drummond.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that. He arguably meant more to his National Championship team than K. Walker, B. Gordon, E. Okafor, R. Hamilton, and K. El-Amin did to theirs. When there was a shot that had to be made, he made it. Also, one of the best rebounding guards we've ever had.
Sorry no one ever meant more to a NC than Kemba
The rest of his team were freshman and Sophs
Bazz played with a group of experienced guys
was he the man of course.
That TEAM was so good we actually mounted a comeback against Nova with Bazz on the bench
The 2011 team without Kemba on the floor was scary bad.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Great video

Shabazz Napier
Ryan Boatright
Jeremy Lamb
Alex Oriakhi
Andre Drummond
Deandre Daniels
Niels Giffey
Roscoe Smith

Without question his worst coaching job.

Reaction Score
Reading this thread I remember now how much I thought of this team before the season started. I had already thought they were a top team but I remember calling my dad when we got Drummond and telling him we just punched our ticket to a final four. I remember him calling me late in the season and telling me it seemed like there was something wrong with the team. I'm guessing I blocked all that out of my mind in the interim.

Reaction Score
'92-'93 is the worst coaching job I've seen in the 40 years I've been following UConn basketball. It's the only UConn team I've ever seen straight-up quit on their coach.

Reaction Score
'92-'93 is the worst coaching job I've seen in the 40 years I've been following UConn basketball. It's the only UConn team I've ever seen straight-up quit on their coach.
Yeah, I was at that NIT game against Jackson State and that was so painful. Lindsey Hunter!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Great video

Shabazz Napier
Ryan Boatright
Jeremy Lamb
Alex Oriakhi
Andre Drummond
Deandre Daniels
Niels Giffey
Roscoe Smith

Agree.

If KO had that kind of season with a roster that talented, there would be posters here literally gathering outside his house with pitchforks and torches.

And the boneyard would spontaneously combust from all of the hot takes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom