Hey Guys...I Feel For You | The Boneyard

Hey Guys...I Feel For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the vast majority of Cuse fans would love to have you guys join us in the ACC. We are happy to be more secure now but sad to leave behind the best things about the Big East and the past games/histories with most of the teams. However, most Cuse fans do not want Snooki over UConn if Notre Dame comes. UConn and Cuse along with Pitt are strong enough to carry NYC as long as Notre Dame joins. If not, the only scenario is to invite UConn and Rutgers. I hope your wait is short as the only way we can elevate Football in the NE is too have some closeby rivals.

BTW, I don't want it to seem like a "Pity Party"...I still want to beat you guys like a drum in early November LOL

Reaction Score
Most of us harbor no ill will towards Cuse and Pitt. I for one wish you well, and will keep my fingers crossed that we see each other again.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think the vast majority of Cuse fans would love to have you guys join us in the ACC. We are happy to be more secure now but sad to leave behind the best things about the Big East and the past games/histories with most of the teams. However, most Cuse fans do not want Snooki over UConn if Notre Dame comes. Uconn and Cuse along with Pitt are strong enough to carry NYC as long as Notre Dame joins. If not, the only scenario is to invite UConn and Rutgers. I hope your wait is short as the only way we can elevate Football in the NE is too have some closeby rivals.
Thanks. I want football and basketball. We'll see how this plays out. No one has been critical of yours or Pitts move. Says a lot about mutual respect. Personally I want UConn and WV or UConn and Louisville before Rutgers. But Rutgers would be my third choice. All these choices give a good BE voice to an established conference. Don't want ND. They have too much independence to join in with the NE schools if need be.

Reaction Score
I think the vast majority of Cuse fans would love to have you guys join us in the ACC. We are happy to be more secure now but sad to leave behind the best things about the Big East and the past games/histories with most of the teams. However, most Cuse fans do not want Snooki over UConn if Notre Dame comes. Uconn and Cuse along with Pitt are strong enough to carry NYC as long as Notre Dame joins. If not, the only scenario is to invite UConn and Rutgers. I hope your wait is short as the only way we can elevate Football in the NE is too have some closeby rivals.

BTW, I don't want it to seem like a "Pity Party"...I still want to beat you guys like a drum in early November LOL

Thanks, I agree fully about this being the ideal way to really build up college football in the NE. The Big East did not really have the resources to get the job done but if we are all in the ACC that will not be the case anymore. However, if by chance UConn, Rutgers, and Notre Dame head to the Big 10 that would also be a way to accomplish that goal. I'd prefer to continue our rivalry with SU so the ACC is clearly plan A.

Reaction Score
Thank you. Nice sentiment.

I suspect we will end up in the ACC, but if not, life will go on and I will enjoy my college football at UCONN. The competitive disadvantage being outside of one of these conferences will be grossly unfair for those excluded. It will have nothing to do with fair competition or performance on the field. Simply who had established the necessary business interests and relationships as this shuffling unfolded. Frankly, it makes me wonder if my interest in college football overall will diminish, because much of what I value in the sport has been so grossly tainted. And I say that mostly expecting that we will be an ACC member at some point.

As for football in the Northeast, UCONN caught up pretty damn quick to the major players. Sadly, we might never find out where this may ultimately have gone.

Reaction Score
TM - Just hurry up and get the ACC Tailgate/Road Trip info completed and up!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I feel sorry for you too... you've got a ton of new work now on your tailgating guide... it's a tough spot to be in. :p

Reaction Score
I think the vast majority of Cuse fans would love to have you guys join us in the ACC. We are happy to be more secure now but sad to leave behind the best things about the Big East and the past games/histories with most of the teams. However, most Cuse fans do not want Snooki over UConn if Notre Dame comes. UConn and Cuse along with Pitt are strong enough to carry NYC as long as Notre Dame joins. If not, the only scenario is to invite UConn and Rutgers. I hope your wait is short as the only way we can elevate Football in the NE is too have some closeby rivals.

+1000000. Good luck and we'll see you soon.

Reaction Score
No question UCONN brings more to the table than the Pugs of Piscataway. Most of us 'Cuse fans sincerely hope that you guys will soon be joining us. Too many big battles in our historic rivalry for it to end this way.

Reaction Score
I already can't stand UNC, NCSt and FSU fans. UNC fans are like Rutgers fans but dressed better, NCSt fans are delusional but crazy like WVU fans and FSU fans are ignorants who live in a great recruiting area. I'm actually surprised Duke and WF fans are pretty good about us joining.

Reaction Score
Nobody likes UNC and NCSU fans in any sport and FSU fans in football. You will not like Duke fans in bball. Wake well we are everybody's second favorite team it seems we are often called switzerland.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the well wishes. I wonder what would have happened if the conference had stayed together through the next contract negotiation but we'll never know.

Can't say I'm thrilled with the 'Cuse or Pitt administration for this move but I understand it. Listening to
Boeheim's sarcasm about the move is great though. The fact that it may not play as well on Tobacco Road only makes it funnier.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To tell you the truth, I was surprised by the UNC fans I met in Detroit a few years back. They were human. Not at all like Duke, UK or MSU fans.

Reaction Score
UNC fans are horrible. They still claim that they have done absolutely nothing wrong in fball and do not deserve what is going on with them.

Reaction Score
Syracuse football ... and Pitt ... have underachieved since the last Raid by the ACC. Nothing really too impressive going on there. And they are the chosen? And the BC pick. I know I want UConn to have the stability of a conference like the ACC; but, I really don't understand Dick Vitale nudging Swofford to take these two.

lol

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Classy post from a classy poster. Good luck in the ACC and hope we're joining you soon. Speaking of the Cuse, one guy who has continued to earn respect (in my book, at least) is Boeheim. There were many years that I thought of him as the whiny coach from the orange program. But he is a loyal, loyal guy. It's pretty obvious that he has the utmost respect for UConn and especially for Calhoun. He is a northeast, Big East guy through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom