He's Back! | The Boneyard

He's Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@MHver3: Get ready for conference Armageddon round 3. The more and more likely division 4 is going to encompass the 5 majors and...
@MHver3: ...bring back the independent scene. Look for defectors from several mid majors. Keep an eye on UConn Cincy Boise Houston SMU and more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Independence? I thought that it was the kiss of death for major college programs.
I'm calling B.S.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't know that it's the best option... But I'd give it a look. After this year, being an AAC member may do more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Independence? I thought that it was the kiss of death for major college programs.
I'm calling B.S.
I imagine if there is "Division 4", one could opt in by playing as an independent and stash other sports in a "lower" Division 1 conference. Division 4 football would be all teams/conferences who agree to pay stipends.

pj

Reaction Score
If some AAC members go division 4 and some don't, the conference may have to split.

Hopefully the P5 conferences would give some scheduling opportunities to us. The big problem with independence is scheduling. If the P5 won't schedule October-December, then effectively the "independents" have to form a cross-country conference that schedule each other in that period. The only difference from being a conference is that schools would control and market their media rights. UConn can probably make $6 mn a year in TV rights that way -- more money than the AAC.

Reaction Score
I do not believe that independence over the long-term would be good, though I do admit that UConn would get more money from CT Public TV to broadcast football and basketball games than from the AAC TV deal. :(

Reaction Score
If they go break off, this will end up in front of the Supreme Court in one way or another.

Reaction Score
One option for the thousands of other schools: if the NCAA goes along with this, those schools should vote to dissolve the NCAA. They have the numbers obviously. The NCAA offices are obviously geared toward policing the big schools and toward enriching their executives. The loss of basketball tourney revenue is a concern for all sides.

Reaction Score
I do not believe that independence over the long-term would be good, though I do admit that UConn would get more money from CT Public TV to broadcast football and basketball games than from the AAC TV deal. :(

Or sny or yes or NBC sports

Reaction Score
In all the talk about money, folks forget about the ~25MM UConn collects in BE exit fees. I do not believe that is paid out (in fact, some still owe). The day you walk, you leave a big pile of money behind. You better make up for that some way. I always viewed the exit fee money as our bridge to 2015-17, or the next wave.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In all the talk about money, folks forget about the ~25MM UConn collects in BE exit fees. I do not believe that is paid out (in fact, some still owe). The day you walk, you leave a big pile of money behind. You better make up for that some way. I always viewed the exit fee money as our bridge to 2015-17, or the next wave.
yep, that doesn't making being here any fun though.

Reaction Score
Makes it a bit easier than it does if we were relying exclusively on AAC deals, like others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom