Here's your chance, kid. | The Boneyard

Here's your chance, kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow that was just a huge choke. This season has been the exact opposite of last year, we have choked badly in every key moment finding new ways to lose. Boat missed a free throw in both the Texas and Yale games that would have iced it then we left the two three point shooters open and now Hamilton today. How on earth is Hamilton a 56% ft shooter? Kid is a great player but there is absolutely no excuse for this kind of shooting.

Reaction Score
This team's FT shooting is very concerning.

It's now directly responsible for at least 3 of our losses. 8 for 19 is not acceptable.

Reaction Score
Besides just the misses, too many misses on the front end of one and ones which are basically turnovers. DHam has gotta become a better free throw shooter, can't have your wings bricking like that from the line.

Reaction Score
The most concerning thing to me was that the last play was drawn up for purvis and he deferred to a freshman (granted a very good one) to take the shot

Reaction Score
The most concerning thing to me was that the last play was drawn up for purvis and he deferred to a freshman (granted a very good one) to take the shot
It seemed like he went up for a shot and then passed like 5x today. Most of the time it looked like the defense converged on him so it was a good idea but the issue is its taking him too long to uncork his shots to begin with.

Reaction Score
Purvis made the right play. D Ham could not have been more open.

Man this has been a end to 2014. Passed up for a nice promotion today at work, and then this disheartening loss. Here's to 2015.

Reaction Score
The other four guys letting him think by himself about it was awful. They have to huddle there. Have to.
I kind of agree, it was like they were icing him letting him think about it alone, he still needs to make at least 2 out of three there though.

Reaction Score
Nah freshman get a pass in my book.
I'm sorry but I don't agree with this. DHam has been mostly fantastic this year and has been the deserved recipient of a lot of praise, but those FTs were brutal to watch and he rightfully deserves some criticism for that as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's almost the exact same way the Davis Washington incident went down. You can't leave the shooter alone- no matter what age they are. It's dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom