Here's today's movie question | The Boneyard

Here's today's movie question

temery

What?
Reaction Score
These threads seem to be active elsewhere ...

Name at least one movie you are kind of embarrassed to say you liked.

For me, it's easy - if I tell my students I liked a movie, and they laugh, I probably shouldn't have shared the thought.

My list begins with the "inconceivable' Princess Bride. And I'll add Snow White and the Huntsman, and Momma Mia.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Periscope Down

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Princess Bride is not a guilty pleasure. Tons of people love that movie.

For me, probably the movie Hackers. It's super dumb and an incredibly poor representation of the hacker culture, and yet I get a super nostalgic kick out of it.

Also, maybe Con Air. And The Rock. Though The Rock is actually awesome. Con Air? "Put... down... the... bunny."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
50 First Dates I could watch it anytime of the day or night.

Reaction Score
Crank II.

It's bad enough I liked the first "Cranked." But the sequel? I liked it MORE!

Reaction Score
I could never get into Princess Bride.

But u think its cool that Inigo Montoya is now starring on Homeland. He is easily my favorite character on that show.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not embarrassed to admit it, but I don't often volunteer the fact: I liked Titanic....

Funny thing is my wife hates the movie while I think it is pretty good. She asked me to turn in my man card while I watched it the other day lol....Of course she watches Terms of Endearment and Sex in the City movies over and over

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Definitely no shame in liking the Princess Bride... a classic, I say...

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me the allure of Princess Bride?

I love movies like "The Royal Tennenbaums" so subtlety is a great thing, but I just couldn't see the magic in Princess Bride.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The Princess Bride more about the Monty Python type adventure, than "magic." it's more a parody of the typical fairy tale.

I'll check out The Royal Tenenbaums.

I love movies like "The Royal Tennenbaums" so subtlety is a great thing, but I just couldn't see the magic in Princess Bride.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Quotability quotient.

Got to up there as one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Annoyed the hell out of me. Not even sure why???? And I really had been looking forward to seeing it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I liked The Cutting Edge. I've seen it on some "Worst Sports Movie" lists. Doesn't belong, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Princess Bride. Instant classic. Quotability quotient is off the charts.

Is it wrong to like the Harry Potter movies (except for Goblet of Fire, never really got into that one)?

Also I like "Beautiful Girls" with Uma Thurman and Timothy Hutton.

Reaction Score
Quotability quotient.

Got to up there as one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Annoyed the hell out of me. Not even sure why???? And I really had been looking forward to seeing it.

Those Wes Anderson movies are quirky. Either you love them or you hate them.

This season when DeLeone was running the Wildcat, I kept thinking of that scene with Owen Wilson's character when he was discussing the book he wrote in an "obsolete vernacular". "Wildcat, Wild-Cat, KapoW!" . I love the absolute absurdity.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is my wife hates the movie while I think it is pretty good. She asked me to turn in my man card while I watched it the other day lol....Of course she watches Terms of Endearment and Sex in the City movies over and over
Your better-half and mine must be sisters. My lady hates that movie with a passion. I thought it was well done. Yet she can damn near quote Sex in the City 1 and 2 line by line......

Reaction Score

"Inconceivable!"

How can you not like....
a) Inigo Montoya - "I do it to pay the bills..."
b) ROUSs
c) The sword fight scene...
d) The poison duel

Lots of good stuff...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"Inconceivable!"

How can you not like....
a) Inigo Montoya - "I do it to pay the bills..."
b) ROUSs
c) The sword fight scene...
d) The poison duel

Lots of good stuff...
"Never start a land war in Asia"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Princess Bride. Instant classic. Quotability quotient is off the charts.

Is it wrong to like the Harry Potter movies (except for Goblet of Fire, never really got into that one)?

Also I like "Beautiful Girls" with Uma Thurman and Timothy Hutton.
Beautiful Girls was a surprisingly good movie.

My movie that comes closest to a guilty pleasure (or more to the point, one that I shouldn't admit to liking as much as I do) is Finding Nemo. As I raised my son by myself since he was a little more than three years old that movie has been very close to my heart from when I first saw it with him in the theater nearly a decade ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom