Heres the Rub with Adub™ AAC season edition | The Boneyard

Heres the Rub with Adub™ AAC season edition

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
whelp.......what can I say.

Much like our team, the branded blog game has fallen off a cliff.

From all the early season branded blogs only 2 remain.

The classic "Chiefs Briefs"

and the venerable "ThoughtZ™" featuring RichZ

heartless and gutless quasi contributors like @nomar with his Patoni award, @JustbrewitMan with BrewsClues and @Report Card with his Report card blog (@Huskybass had it right, reportcard blows) dont even bother anymore. What's the matter guys? Running at the first sign of turmoil?

It proves that anyone can have a branded blog, but do you have the staying power? Interesting that the two left standing are the two longest running blogs on the market. Hard to crack that space.

Let's toast to @Chief00 and @RichZ for their years of contributions. Love em or hate em they bring the eyeballs. The rest are pretenders.

giphy.gif

edit: it seems report card did make a feeble attempt this week. Please adjust accordingly,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
whelp..what can I say.

heartless and gutless quasi contributors like @nomar with his Patoni award, @JustbrewitMan with BrewsClues and @Report Card with his Report card blog (@Huskybass had it right, reportcard blows) dont even bother anymore. What's the matter guys? Running at the first sign of turmoil?

It proves that anyone can have a branded blog, but do you have the staying power? Interesting that the two left standing are the two longest running blogs on the market. Hard to crack that space.

Let's toast to @Chief00 and @RichZ for their years of contributions. Love em or hate em they bring the eyeballs. The rest are pretenders.

giphy.gif
And cheers to you mate

A9C1670D-1764-4E47-9821-3A3D8A4F9B4A.png

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And cheers to you mate View attachment 38039

ah my bad I scanned the page.

OK you are not a quitter. Good job.

But didnt you used to usually put "Report Card" in the title? Now you didnt which is why I missed it. Seems lazy and its a terrible failure of building brand awareness.

So while Im happy you didnt quit, and take back my "blows" comment, for this week my branded blog review of you considering the above is a big fat "F".

Reaction Score
ah my bad I scanned the page.

OK you are not a quitter. Good job.

But didnt you used to usually put "Report Card" in the title? Now you didnt which is why I missed it. Seems lazy and its a terrible failure of building brand awareness.

So while Im happy you didnt quit, and take back my "blows" comment, for this week my branded blog review of you considering the above is a big fat "F".
I appreciate the apology
30AE46E7-0A8E-4351-A23C-F16F92AD414E.gif

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In fairness to @nomar , he said he was only giving the award when we win. We haven’t done that in a while.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
whelp..what can I say.

giphy.gif

edit: it seems report card did make a feeble attempt this week. Please adjust accordingly,

Dope. The Enzo Patoni Memorial Foundation only hands out an award after wins. Not its fault that hasn't happened in a while.

Horsey Sauce rot yer brain?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Enzo Patoni is throwing up canollis in his grave.

Man, what nomar has done is a crime.

Your instapot is going to be belching up Hopi stew.

With jasmine rice.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Your instapot is going to be belching up Hopi stew.

With jasmine rice.

I got an instapot for the holidays.

Thing sucks worse than the Patoni award blog. So you got that going for you I guess.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Don't be so quick with the back pats, Adub.
I came very close to not being able to look closely enough to write a summary of the last couple games. I didn't even wait for a UCF replay to pick through. Just used my sparse in-game notes and the box score, and had to force myself to even put in that reduced effort. Another effort or two like that, and ThoughtZ™ may fade into oblivion, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't be so quick with the back pats, Adub.
I came very close to not being able to look closely enough to rite a summary of the last couple games. I didn't even wait for a UCF replay to pick through. Just used my sparse in-game notes and the box score, and had to force myself to even put in that reduced effort. Another effort or two like that, and ThoughtZ™ may fade into oblivion, too.
Adub loves Bolivian.

Reaction Score
Not that its had a chance to get off the ground since it started with the Drexel game, but my Play of the Game thread (w/GIFs!) has been waiting for a win for a new edition too. Some day...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don’t have a clue anymore about this team. When I find one, I’ll resume Brew’s Clues.

Note that I never got official trademark approval. Got tied up in bureaucratic red tape apparently.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Not that its had a chance to get off the ground since it started with the Drexel game, but my Play of the Game thread (w/GIFs!) has been waiting for a win for a new edition too. Some day...

Yes, but this one was soooo easy. We only had one candidate.

Reaction Score
whelp..what can I say.

giphy.gif

I'd settle for a new Haiku Review Thread @tzznandrew or even the remnants of the one he lost. Review me! I want to know what obscure poet I've never heard of favorably compares to my two-seconds-of-thought Haikus.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'd settle for a new Haiku Review Thread @tzznandrew or even the remnants of the one he lost. Review me! I want to know what obscure poet I've never heard of favorably compares to my two-seconds-of-thought Haikus.

Forrest Gump I think is the right answer.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Oh man.

See you have to build your brand so I notice. We will get you into next edition.

Im also thinking about offering a paid sponsored content option. Kinda like facebook sponsored ads, where you pay me and I will make sure your branded content gets in front of more eyeballs.

It will also place you higher in the next edition of "heres the rub - with adub™"

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Oh man.

See you have to build your brand so I notice. We will get you into next edition.

Im also thinking about offering a paid sponsored content option. Kinda like facebook sponsored ads, where you pay me and I will make sure your branded content gets in front of more eyeballs.

It will also place you higher in the next edition of "heres the rub - with adub™"

tenor.gif
Well let’s hope they’ve had quite a few wins by the time you yourself finally hit us with an update. The team will probably be hitting tournament time by then!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Well let’s hope they’ve had quite a few wins by the time you yourself finally hit us with an update. The team will probably be hitting tournament time by then!

You can't pay for sponsored content with unfettered optimism. Cash only.(venmo, Paypal)

Nice try though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom