Here's the next kick in the pants... | The Boneyard

Here's the next kick in the pants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the ACC doesn't get poached... Instead big 12 GOR is tested and the big 10, SEC, and Pac all rip it apart instead of the ACC.

The ACC then adds WVU...

Uconn still waiting...

Reaction Score
the ACC doesn't get poached... Instead big 12 GOR is tested and the big 10, SEC, and Pac all rip it apart instead of the ACC.

The ACC then adds WVU...

Uconn still waiting...

I would not be opposed to seeing the B12 ripped apart.

Okie, Okie St, Texas and Texas Tech move on.

Left behind: Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., TCU, Baylor, West Virginia left behind. Uconn & Cincy join. Other potential members: ??? BYU, Houston, SMU, ???

If the ACC doesn't get poached, they ain't adding anyone.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There just are seemingly so many scenarios and one that I think could happen is that WV manages to get into the ACC.

This travel issue for them is real and will hurt their recruiting for non football sports and hurt with alumni relations/ticket sales and broad support as their away games will always be in markets where they have near zero alumni - sans pehaps eastern texas.

Reaction Score
The B12 appears to be playing chicken with WVU and the realignment world in general. The B12 would be best to expand with UConn and Cincy then wait. When the ACC gets poached, they will have no quality programs to add and be reeling. At that point the B12 can grab UL, SU or whoever else is left that they want. This will expand their footprint and media coverage exponentially.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would rather the ACC got shredded than the Big 12. I don't think WVU will ever be a member of the ACC.

Reaction Score
WVU to the ACC would be like bringing road kill to caviar and champagne dinner

Reaction Score
Ughhhh, there has been so much bad news lately I needed to create an account to vent comiserate a little bit. There is some speculation that the B1G might go Jayhawks because the UVAs and UNCs of the world just aren't that effected by the TV revenue due to otherwise incredibly deep pockets and an overriding affinity for the good old boys league they basically run and the CIC affiliation business is somewhat(extraordinarily) overstated seeing as the research elements of universities are not really going to refuse to work with UNC in favor of freakin Nebraska (unless its corn modification or something) because of a football television relationship. This would strengthen the B1G b-ball top end, which while everyone knows is distantly second to football for $$, is important to the B1G network for year round content to lessen the possibility of future issues should a la carte programming come to pass or just general subscriber backlash for an extra 3.00 on the cable bill for 5 second tier football games.

The further speculation along this line is that if a 50 million exit fee is a penalty (as opposed to liquidated damages) then giving your TV rights away in a GOR to the tune of like 150 million dollars is most certainly going to be viewed as a penalty so that the B12 is not really safer than the ACC. And of course Texas and Oklahoma can probably do whatever they please including going west or southeast.

So what would this mean? and its certainly no less speculative than all the stuff the WVU twitter guys spew, so I'm not saying its going to happen. Who knows, because if Kansas goes to the B1g, who joins them? None of the B12 bottom feeders are a good fit except maybe OK State (this is a huge stretch) Oklahoma would definitely work if they decide its time to cut off from UT. Maybe G-tech goes from the ACC and the ACC backfills with WVU? Maybe its our turn either as the second team or the ACC backfill (I have some serious doubts about this unfortunately)? Maybe BCU stabs more backs and adds the "Boston" market again?

U

UConn9604

Several months ago, that would have surprised me -- but after the ACC allowed a greasy bucket of KFC to attend their dinner in November, they're no longer above road kill.

Reaction Score

I hope you and Nelson realize that Louisville was just added to the ACC. I mean, what's the point of knocking WV's academics when Ville is in the conference?

Reaction Score
I hope you and Nelson realize that Louisville was just added to the ACC. I mean, what's the point of knocking WV's academics when Ville is in the conference?

West Virginia does have its own special reputation, which includes but far exceeds lousy academics (couch burning, bags of urine, etc). The monocles would drop into white wine spritzers at Keenan if the morgantowners rolled into town. That being said, FSU was apparently pretty pissed off at Cuse and Pitt over WVU and its recent superior football's exclusion the last go around and I've read speculation that Louisville was FSU appeasement, which may be the new normal.

Reaction Score
West Virginia does have its own special reputation, which includes but far exceeds lousy academics (couch burning, bags of urine, etc). The monocles would drop into white wine spritzers at Keenan if the morgantowners rolled into town. That being said, FSU was apparently pretty pissed off at Cuse and Pitt over WVU and its recent superior football's exclusion the last go around and I've read speculation that Louisville was FSU appeasement, which may be the new normal.

UNC's President when UConn wasn't invited: "This decision had nothing to do with academics."

Welcome to the new ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104