Here's One Guy's Opinion On Kara Lawson | The Boneyard

Here's One Guy's Opinion On Kara Lawson

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
shaq.gif

Reaction Score
Do NBA teams hire coaches with no Head coaching experience? I like Kara, thought she was the best commentator on TV along with Lobo for basketball, but she didn't really get to show anything last year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Steve Nash, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Steve Kerr, Bill Russell, etc.
I think the biggest issue is lack of college coaching experience. She hadn't been around a college program in ages, if I recall correctly.

Reaction Score
Love Kara Lawson. Her future at Duke is going to be even brighter this season. Right now, she is going to put all of her focus on building that Duke WBB program. I doubt she is even interested in the Boston coaching gig.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Making the papers now.

“I’ve done really well in my career by focusing on myself in the moment,” Lawson said when asked if she would accept the Celtics job if offered. “I loved my time in Boston. I loved coaching those players. It was a special time in my life. The speculation, you can chase a lot of rabbits down a lot of holes.”

She didn't say no. If she ever dreamed about being a head coach in the NBA this could be an opportunity that comes around only once. What has earned her consideration is her recent experience with the Celtics. The more removed she is from that experience and the more settled she becomes at Duke the less likely an opportunity like this will present itself.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Found out the other week that one of my Physical Therapists is a fellow Duke fan, more so of the men's team, but more than a casual Duke WBB fan. During my last two sessions with him we have discussed Lawson as I told him I was a huge fan of the women's game/team. He mentioned a few weeks ago that he was excited about Lawson, and that the hire came from out of nowhere. Hoped that she would ultimately lead Duke back to the Final 4 and beyond (championship). He talked about listening to her q and a on the Bleacher Report and asked me about it.... I get the feeling that he is even more optimistic now about the future of DWBB.

I didn't mention any thing about the possibility of Lawson leaving to coach the Celtics. 1) Didn't think there was any chance of that happening and 2) Never get your Physical Therapist in a bad mood. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom