Here's a thread about recruiting | The Boneyard

Here's a thread about recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay, this has absolutely nothing to do with recruiting. I just thought I'd start it out with a title that makes you think it's about recruiting but run it immediately off the rails from the word go. Instead of legitimately starting it about recruiting and let it run for a half dozen posts before it goes f*ng down some rabbit hole that has nothing to do with what it started out to be, I'd just kick you all right down the chute before you knew what hit you.

So what will I talk about. Hey, how about I tell you about the dead bunny that I found floating in my in-ground pool's skimmer. I've pulled out mice, frogs, moles, chipmunks, but this was the first ever "got nothing up my sleeve...presto"...rabbit! Now how it couldn't hop his way out of the pool by the stairs is beyond me. I suspect some disgruntle critter, sucker punched him, knocking him out and into the pool. Now wasn't that exciting. I bet you can't wait to read what I have next.

So what will be the next Muppet Makers legendary work of prose. Who is ready to wax poetically and garner the forever praise of the Boneyard faithful. I want to be entertained. I demand to be entertained! I don't want to read another Chief bashing reply. I've been forced to read the last 10,000 such replies, and don't care to read another one. So entertain me for f*s sake! Fishy where have your spit my drink out of my mouth, LOL posts have gone? They are few and far between.

It's just too late for me to go on and on about all things not recruiting. I'm at the point where any recruiting thread that has been on the board for anything more than a few minutes, to not bother reading. Most replies that are added, say, 10 to 15 minutes after it has been posted, have a high probability, say 90%, of having nothing to do with what the post was about. It's like recruit such-and-such just said he was offered by UConn. First response, awesome, I saw him play at such-and-such event and his game was... Third post, I like his game, here's some video on him. Forth post, I want to kick Chief in the nuts even though he hasn't even posted anything yet. Fifth post, I saw such and such recruit eating pizza. Sixth, the pizza at Pizza Town sucks, so what's the worst pizza in Connecticut? From that point on, check that, a few post prior, I've already lost hope that the thread will ever be about such-and-such recruit. Oh, wait, I've just sort of made this thread about recruiting, so where do you get your favorite Jamaican meat patties? I love the ones that I picked up at Costco's.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I would of thunk this post would be a Monday topic. It's in the middle of the week. It is a slow month. lol

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
My favorite pen is a uniball. Micro. that fine point. I mean who they tryin to fool? That aint fine. Not even close. I aint no sucka, sucka.

I'm also thinking of changing my avatar. And this pair of underwear. Why do they call it a pair of underwear anyway? Is there another one I'm completely missing or does one leg of my underwear make it whole and the other leg make it a pair?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Ahhh, the off-season

Reaction Score
I get my beef patties at real West Indian restaurants, you're doing yourself a disservice eating Costco Jamaican beef patties

Reaction Score
My favorite pen is a uniball. Micro. that fine point. I mean who they tryin to fool? That aint fine. Not even close. I aint no sucka, sucka.

I'm also thinking of changing my avatar. And this pair of underwear. Why do they call it a pair of underwear anyway? Is there another one I'm completely missing or does one leg of my underwear make it whole and the other leg make it a pair?

I feel like my writing is significantly sloppier when I write with uniball's. Conversely, it is so smooth and comfortable it is like two ply downey for your fingers so it is worth it in the end.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I drink delicious, clean, unfiltered New York City tap water, at home or in my own water bottle. If in a situation where I'm somehow forced to drink bottled water, I'll take something in a glass bottle over something in plastic. If reduced to plastic, I'll take Poland Spring (or whatever the regional spring water is if I'm outside the Northeast) or maybe Volvic (the best-tasting bottled water imo), assuming it hasn't been obviously sitting in the sun with the plastic leaching into it. Fiji tastes ok, but not as good as Volvic, and I refuse to drink anything with that kind of environmental/social footprint. Evian is drinkable if there's no alternative, but kinda bad - I prefer Acqua Panna, for one. Dasani (Coke) is absolutely disgusting, and Aquafina (Pepsi) not much better. Both are designed, like their fructosed and carbonated products, to get you to drink(/buy) more of the product, the waters by making you thirstier via added sodium.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've started using mechanical pencils because my handwriting is so awful with pens.

I use the Kurotoga Roulette model. If I can't find one of those, I refuse to write until someone brings me one.

To tie it all together, one time I used a Kurotoga Roulette to write a thank-you note to my friend Garfield who brought me Jamaican meat patties and Jamaican coffee back from his vacation to Jamaica. He's Jamaican, so it was probably more a visit than a vacation. And maybe we're not really friends - he works for me, so it might be more of a proximity friendship. That's my fault. I'm not really a people person.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Garfield who brought me Jamaican meat patties and Jamaican coffee back from his vacation to Jamaica.

They sound like they mustve been fresh and delicious after a day in a suitcase. I can picture the scene at customs.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I've started using mechanical pencils because my handwriting is so awful with pens.

I use the Kurotoga Roulette model. If I can't find one of those, I refuse to write until someone brings me one.

To tie it all together, one time I used a Kurotoga Roulette to write a thank-you note to my friend Garfield who brought me Jamaican meat patties and Jamaican coffee back from his vacation to Jamaica. He's Jamaican, so it was probably more a visit than a vacation. And maybe we're not really friends - he works for me, so it might be more of a proximity friendship. That's my fault. I'm not really a people person.

You just made me spend 6+ minutes researching mechanical pencils. My handwriting is atrocious - mostly because I'm in such a hurry to get that crap over with.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I can't use mechanical pencils. Don't like the feel at all and I'm probably using them wrong. I prefer my pencils sharpened and made of wood, no. 2 and with an accompanying pink pearl eraser.

But in all honesty, I'm a black pen kind of guy - specifically pilot pen medium point easy touch retractable with comfort grip.

Reaction Score
As far as pens and pencils go, I like to write with both but only under very specific circumstances. For a pen a need a nice soft writing surface like in a notebook or on a stack of other papers, can't be directly on the hard desk or whatnot. With pencil, it's the exact opposite. It has to be a hard surface and with a really sharp point to the implement. If you were to give me, say, a really dull pencil and a piece of cardboard I'd start getting the shivers (like nails on chalkboard shivers, although that doesn't bother me). In fact I'm getting the shivers just thinking about the resulting feel and noise from doing just that. Same deal with a nearly dried out marker on a writing surface.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I much prefer to mulch my grass than bag it when doing the lawn. Although I often let it get too long to do so.

Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I buy boxes of uni-ball roller micro 0.5 mm with permanent black ink. That's just how I roll.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I buy boxes of uni-ball roller micro 0.5 mm with permanent black ink. That's just how I roll.

My brother from another mother. I hoard them in the deep bowels of my desk too so they go undetected even when my drawers are open. Ill go blue though. No place for red however.

A buddy of mine swears that he's had the same pen since he graduated college in 2006. A Dr. Grip or something. I'm called BS on it. Who's had the same pen for almost a decade. I don't care if that thing writes as smooth a Kate Hudson's cleavage and auto corrects your spelling, eventually you're losing it somewhere.

Who else has had something so nominal, for so long, that its become unbelievable?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ok, ancient generation here. My wife and I audited a history class at Quinnipiac two years ago. All the others were undergrads. Stupid us walk in with notebooks and pens. It wasn't as if the others thought it was funny, it was more like they had no clue what those things were.

I'm an author and depend on the written word. For sure pens are not the staple they used to be. About the only thing I use a pen for is to sign checks. Will the written word disappear? I don't know. Complex thoughts and sentences maybe. I think the spoken word is as much likely to disappear as the written word. Instead of a simple minute phone call, kids and maybe a little older spend a half hour of one line texts to discuss the same thing the phone call would have accomplished. The withering away of the voice box. The BY lives on as a beacon to the world that writing is not a thing of the past, but a tool for expressing every dumb thought meant to piss off perfect strangers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am an author, too.

I create artisanal postings about meat patties and other esoterica for a small group of mostly-deranged collectors on the internet.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I am an author, too.

I create artisanal postings about meat patties and other esoterica for a small group of mostly-deranged collectors on the internet.
I've seen your material. I suppose it has an audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom