Here is an example of Diaco's ineptitude | The Boneyard

Here is an example of Diaco's ineptitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have the ball on our own one yard line.

We line up in the "I" formation, RB (Max) 7 yards deep.

Tulane puts nine, count 'em 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 in the box.

We run up the middle.

Result? Safety.

Anyone care to clarify why that made any sense?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Because if we punted on 1st down, it would have been blocked and we ran the risk of giving up a TD. The choice was clear: give up a safety or give up a TD. He made the right call.

Aside: scotch is good.

Reaction Score

We run up the middle.

Result? Safety.

While your constant negativity is very annoying that call on the 1 yard line was even worse ... smh

Reaction Score
Heads up, guys, sportsart should be along shortly to insult and demean you.

Reaction Score

We run up the middle.

Result? Safety.

Diaco has never heard of the QB sneak, like p never heard of the victory formation.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

We run up the middle.

Result? Safety.

Oh wait - holy !! You didn't blame CW - I am seriously concerned about your health and being able to think straight - you feeling ok?

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game, but i can probably think that Foxx or whoever the punt returner was didn't make a fair catch, how many times can the ball be downed on the 1 every freaking game.

Reaction Score
Oh wait - holy !! You didn't blame CW - I am seriously concerned about your health and being able to think straight - you feeling ok?

I admit, it is a little too easy to blame Whitmer, even though he hasn't had a history of being part of the solution in recent memory. His completion percentage is atrocious, but that is in part due to line play and horrid protection. He hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as he usually has this season. Whitmer is the whipping boy. It's one of the few things he's been reliable at in his tenure at UConn.

Reaction Score
I blame CW..., even my HS offense had the ability audible out of a run play.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I admit, it is a little too easy to blame Whitmer, even though he hasn't had a history of being part of the solution in recent memory. His completion percentage is atrocious, but that is in part due to line play and horrid protection. He hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as he usually has this season. Whitmer is the whipping boy. It's one of the few things he's been reliable at in his tenure at UConn.

70 % yesterday and his stats are comparable to the QB who won last night.
The play calling still leads one to scratch their head - CW isn't deciding when he gets to throw the ball or the play - first drive right down the field 3rd and 4 and you run into the line to accept 3 points.
2 fumbles by RB in Tulane territory.
I know CW is to blame for ISIS, Ebola, Ferguson Missouri and many other things - last night not so much.

I'm sure he will be in no hurry to come back for Homecoming any day soon. That will make many of you FANS extremely happy. Us supporters know the kid tries, shows emotion and cares. That says a lot compared to many other of the players reactions and interviews. Of course he has limitations but boy oh boy he takes a beating both on and off the field.

Go ahead - attack.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I blame CW..., even my HS offense had the ability audible out of a run play.
How do you know he is allowed??
Maybe Boyle audibles into that interception...or it was the coaches fault.

Reaction Score

We run up the middle.

Result? Safety.

Have to say that this was one of the worse offensive play calls I've ever seen.

Based on the difficulties we'd have running in this and prior games, what would ever make you think lining up our runner 7-8 yards deep in the end zone would work..

The safety and the ensuing field goal put the game out of reach..

Just don't get it

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's interesting that nobody has commented the the safety was Max's first play on the field the entire night. Sweet spot to let him get his feet wet after sitting on the bench for two hours.

Reaction Score
As bad as the play was, and it was all-time stupid...The 2nd time out with 20+ seconds on the play-clock deserves its own bust in the Hall of Fame of Incompetence. Some where Rich Kotite (sp?) shed a tear of joy last night and wondered if this Diaco Kid might be a distant relative.

How the hell does that timeout happen?

Reaction Score
70 % yesterday and his stats are comparable to the QB who won last night.
The play calling still leads one to scratch their head - CW isn't deciding when he gets to throw the ball or the play - first drive right down the field 3rd and 4 and you run into the line to accept 3 points.
2 fumbles by RB in Tulane territory.
I know CW is to blame for ISIS, Ebola, Ferguson Missouri and many other things - last night not so much.

I'm sure he will be in no hurry to come back for Homecoming any day soon. That will make many of you FANS extremely happy. Us supporters know the kid tries, shows emotion and cares. That says a lot compared to many other of the players reactions and interviews. Of course he has limitations but boy oh boy he takes a beating both on and off the field.

Go ahead - attack.

I actually didn't know his stats for this game. I admittedly only watched the first quarter, then passed out after a long day only to wake up to check the score later this morning (I know -- what an AWFUL excuse for a UConn fan. I practically did the same thing during the USF game. They couldn't move the ball to save their life, so I called it a night a little into the second half).

Apart from all that, when I mentioned his completion percentage, I was talking more specifically about his career/seasonal stats. Frankly, he's been lucky to crack 50% most games he either plays or starts (am I wrong?). I even admitted the line play is a factor in a lot of that.

But I'm sure a 70% day helped pad his stats in that column a bit. Thanks for bringing that to my attention (honestly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom