Here are the top 20 NCAA apparel deals | The Boneyard

Here are the top 20 NCAA apparel deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shocked this hasn't made it here yet today...

Dennis Dodd Verified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
20 biggest apparel deals. Surprises, Kansas at No. 8, Indiana at No. 11, South Car at No. 5. Illinois at No. 18.
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...Lp2GtnIxTA052032c4&t=1473165279&j=75682292#g2

Guess we are not a surprise @ #14.

Two G5 schools in the top 20 and neither is a surprise according to Dodds. Does that mean he accepts UConn and Cincy as P5 schools masquerading in G5 bodies?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Isn't that our old deal, which is likely to increase dramatically? I would love if the year each contract was signed was added to the graphic. Good to see UA is throwing so much cash around. I have to think we move up the list dramatically, especially with UA looking to grow.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Isn't that our old deal, which is likely to increase dramatically? I would love if the year each contract was signed was added to the graphic. Good to see UA is throwing so much cash around. I have to think we move up the list dramatically, especially with UA looking to grow.
Yes, old deal expires 2017 -- was one of the highest at the time we signed. We should shoot up significantly.

Reaction Score
The apparel companies use very specific metrics when it comes to these deals. They are not random numbers that they arbitrarily throw out there.

One of the highest ranked metrics is something called available viewership. This is used to identify how many potential viewers a school can be seen by.

While both our hoops programs are strong in this area, having UConn football games relegated to ESPN3 & CBS Sports Network are not good in this category.

Do not be shocked if the massive increase everyone expects dos not come.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The apparel companies use very specific metrics when it comes to these deals. They are not random numbers that they arbitrarily throw out there.

One of the highest ranked metrics is something called available viewership. This is used to identify how many potential viewers a school can be seen by.

While both our hoops programs are strong in this area, having UConn football games relegated to ESPN3 & CBS Sports Network are not good in this category.

Cinci has less visibility than UConn and they recently signed their apparel deal. We will at the very least leap frog them and very likely be in the top 10.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I was thinking this, too. Advertisers, and that is exactly what this is, only want to throw so much money at a school no one can see.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

A lot of these numbers have always seemed nonsensical since they include what I'm guessing is some silly retail number for the value of the goods they provide. What percentage is actual cash - because the value of the 33rd pair of sneakers they give the power forward doesn't really seem to be something to get all excited about....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn's deal was one of the biggest in terms of cash and total value when it was signed.

E.g. UConn received about $16M in cash and the rest in equipment in 2o08 while Cincy only received $11M in cash and the rest in equipment in their similarly sized deal signed last year.

The equipment is given at suggested retail price and there are other perks that are given a value - rebrandings, etc.

But the UConn deal is a rounding error when compared with the really big boys.

The top four deals are simply massive in terms of the cash they'll pay out - UCLA will get $150M in cash alone. Michigan, Ohio State and Texas are just rolling in cash - Ohio State gets millions to distribute stuff to students who aren't even athletes if they so desire.

Reaction Score
Shocked this hasn't made it here yet today...

Dennis Dodd Verified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
20 biggest apparel deals. Surprises, Kansas at No. 8, Indiana at No. 11, South Car at No. 5. Illinois at No. 18.
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...Lp2GtnIxTA052032c4&t=1473165279&j=75682292#g2

Guess we are not a surprise @ #14.

Those are only public schools listed.

ND gets over $9 million per year for ten years under the Under Armour contract.

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/more-new...story.html

Reaction Score
Thank god, I was concerned.

Well, my point was that the list was incomplete and therefore not worth much. Where was Duke and Stanford?

Glad that I could help with your concerns.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well, my point was that the list was incomplete and therefore not worth much. Where was Duke and Stanford?

Glad that I could help with your concerns.
I thought you would get the joke. And since we're all mansplaining today, the only school on the list we are concerned with is UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom