Here’s a crazy thought | The Boneyard

Here’s a crazy thought

Reaction Score
I’m new here, MBA ‘04. Been reading for awhile and figured I’d jump in.

So this Hurts kid looks like he’s got about 1.5 feet out the door at ‘Bama. If he decides to leave, we’re I Edsall I’d be in his ear from Day 1. Sure, the idea of him playing at UCONN is.....somewhat out there. But he’s a big-time player with a P5 championship pedigree, and if we want the program to advance on a national level we are going to need talents of his stature. Worth a persistent effort.

Reaction Score
If we go undefeated this year and win a NY6 bowl then there's a chance he'd consider us.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I’m new here, MBA ‘04. Been reading for awhile and figured I’d jump in.

So this Hurts kid looks like he’s got about 1.5 feet out the door at ‘Bama. If he decides to leave, we’re I Edsall I’d be in his ear from Day 1. Sure, the idea of him playing at UCONN is.....somewhat out there. But he’s a big-time player with a P5 championship pedigree, and if we want the program to advance on a national level we are going to need talents of his stature. Worth a persistent effort.
Ktuck? That you?

The Hurts story is interesting. I appreciate that he is a competitor...but he should have left Bama months ago. I am sure Saban will block him from many SEC schools....so maybe UConn would be an option...lol. Truthfully, unless UConn has some history with this kid, they don’t have a chance. Meaning....he had a link to CT....or he has a link to one of our coaches. I don’t think there is any link...so unlikely UConn is an option.

Reaction Score
Ktuck? That you?

The Hurts story is interesting. I appreciate that he is a competitor...but he should have left Bama months ago. I am sure Saban will block him from many SEC schools....so maybe UConn would be an option...lol. Truthfully, unless UConn has some history with this kid, they don’t have a chance. Meaning....he had a link to CT....or he has a link to one of our coaches. I don’t think there is any link...so unlikely UConn is an option.
he's graduating after this season so he will be able to go just about anywhere he wants to

Reaction Score
Ktuck? That you?

Nah, different guy.

Hey I figure you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. It’s also why I think we ought to pick a couple 5 stars every year and recruit them aggressively. Even if they don’t sign with UCONN, we at least get our name out there. Call it the arrogance of outsized ambition:)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Speaking of, ‘ol JF III is trying to make the Bears as a UDFA CB. That’s one hell of a devolution.
Played WR under Kiffin at FAU. World class athlete but not sure he fits any position on a football field.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
he's graduating after this season so he will be able to go just about anywhere he wants to
Yeah but he loses a year of eligibility by not transferring now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nah, different guy.

Hey I figure you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. It’s also why I think we ought to pick a couple 5 stars every year and recruit them aggressively. Even if they don’t sign with UCONN, we at least get our name out there. Call it the arrogance of outsized ambition:)
You said you have been reading for a while here, so how long is that, a week?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My guess is that Hurts ends up at FAU as long as Kiffin is still there. He’d dominate and be with his old coach.

Reaction Score
Ktuck? That you?

Only person in the Athletic Dept with SEC contacts is Benedict, so say your prayers. Lol. Also I think Edsall might not want to upset the present QB apple cart if this guy gave UConn a look, then again he might. I will say there are several other AAC schools who'd be all over this kid, especially Houston.

Last edited:

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Yeah but he loses a year of eligibility by not transferring now.

Technically he never used his redshirt year so if he plays 4 or less games he could redshirt and grad transfer after the season with two years of eligibility left.

Reaction Score
Nah, different guy.

Welcome abooard bro...

One thing you gotta realize when posting things like what you suggested at the beginning of this thread... What other FBS level schools strive for doesn't make sense up in Storrs.. We're too "financially strapped" or morally correct of a program to make any moves that make sense in striving to improve the program... Seriously... I've made mentions of things like what you wrote and I've been laughed at throughout the years.. to the point it's (sadly) a running joke.. . Hence, we're right back where we started from (pretty much) when Edsall was here the first time.

Reaction Score
One thing you gotta realize when posting, I've mentioned things like what you wrote and I've been laughed at throughout the years.
I ascribe to the notion that life is vastly more interesting if you’re willing to risk playing the fool. I know my friend Whaler would concur.

Reaction Score
I ascribe to the notion that life is vastly more interesting if you’re willing to risk playing the fool. I know my friend Whaler would concur.
not sure if I'm playing the fool.. it's called idea.. but if we're working from the impossible already then why do it?

Reaction Score
Welcome abooard bro...

One thing you gotta realize when posting things like what you suggested at the beginning of this thread... What other FBS level schools strive for doesn't make sense up in Storrs.. We're too "financially strapped" or morally correct of a program to make any moves that make sense in striving to improve the program... Seriously... I've made mentions of things like what you wrote and I've been laughed at throughout the years.. to the point it's (sadly) a running joke.. . Hence, we're right back where we started from (pretty much) when Edsall was here the first time.

Yeah, I hear that. But at the same time as an alumnus with the capacity to....donate meaningfully....I’m not hearing it.

If we ever hope to get that P5 invite we have to take ourselves seriously. Presently I don’t believe the administration sees football as much more than a novelty, in spite of AD DB’s contrary words. This institutionalized ‘we’re just UCONN’ narrative has got to be dispensed with.

I attended both the Stamford and NYC road shows and raised these points to Edsall. He was, unsurprisingly, noncommittal. And that’s not acceptable IMO. There are a lot of donors out there who share my sentiments.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I attended both the Stamford and NYC road shows and raised these points to Edsall. He was, unsurprisingly, noncommittal. And that’s not acceptable IMO. There are a lot of donors out there who share my sentiments.

So put up or shut up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom