Herbst to Address Alumni re: Conf Realignment | The Boneyard

Herbst to Address Alumni re: Conf Realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think this is anything significant, but I was discussing all the rumor mongering and lack of communication (and PR) coming out of UConn regarding conference realignment with a high placed contact there. I specifically asked her if Herbst had someone on her staff dedicated full-time to conf realignment and if not, why not.

The contact responded that Herbst has a planned communication to alumni to discuss the situation and it was all set to go out on Friday -- then Sandy Hook happened. Out of respect, she has postponed the communication, likely until later this week.

Again, I don't expect anything particularly new/different, but I did want to mention that this contact wanted me to know that Herbst et al are thinking about this and aware of the perception among alumni. That doesn't mean she can make it rain -- but I that the lack of communication is based on other circumstances.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is anything significant, but I was discussing all the rumor mongering and lack of communication (and PR) coming out of UConn regarding conference realignment with a high placed contact there. I specifically asked her if Herbst had someone on her staff dedicated full-time to conf realignment and if not, why not.

The contact responded that Herbst has a planned communication to alumni to discuss the situation and it was all set to go out on Friday -- then Sandy Hook happened. Out of respect, she has postponed the communication, likely until later this week.

Again, I don't expect anything particularly new/different, but I did want to mention that this contact wanted me to know that Herbst et al are thinking about this and aware of the perception among alumni. That doesn't mean she can make it rain -- but I that the lack of communication is based on other circumstances.
I will consider this good news as at the very least the highest admin at the University has conf realignment on her radar. Thanks for posting this.

Reaction Score
Pres. Herbst sat across the isle from us at the game last night. I decided not to bother her. :)

Reaction Score
I agree it wont be anything signficant. It will likely be another way of saying we are winners and we like to win or we are monitoring the situation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Thanks for all your insight. The way this world works its best if you stay vague or cryptic. There are people with vested interests who want UConn to do well athletically both in and out of the program. But there are also interests who have a bone to pick with UConn or who believe w/o UConn their programs would do better. So know the allies will handle things on the qt and therefore we should avoid tipping off the saboteurs.

Reaction Score
Pres. Herbst sat across the isle from us at the game last night. I decided not to bother her. :)
I'm not sure id have the same discipline and courtesy to leave her alone. I'm positive I wouldn't if WM was that close.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I would have given her a thumbs up or worse, gone over and given her a kiss.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree it wont be anything signficant. It will likely be another way of saying we are winners and we like to win or we are monitoring the situation.

Well she's going to have to change her tune on staying in the Big East, because it is going away. I just hope it is a little more assetive. Speaking to improvements and agressive promotion of the teams and school. Something, anything beyond passivity. I just want to know that if we go down, we'll go down swinging.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Curious what it will actually say. Like others, I'm pretty tapped out on the "yay rah rah winners" stuff to date. She needs to stand up and own our position, own our perception.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

You're a better man than me. :D

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The past 2 statements ref'd #winning and the fleet so what can she do next for the uss ct?

I would have given her a thumbs up or worse, gone over and given her a kiss.

#B1GKISS

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We need to add 15,000 seats before joining the B1G in 2015. Please send money.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Didn't her first statement following Pitt and Cuse leaving reference the need to be in a geographically sensible conference for all student athletes? I fear she might want to form and stay in an east coast conference with UMass, Temple, ECU and whatever because she doesn't know any better.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Whatever the message is, it's going to be cryptic and nondescript. If we have signed some sort of "be quiet or else" deal with a conference, then I want to hear more "we are winners" and "we're monitoring the landscape" BS!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
We need to add 15,000 seats before joining the B1G in 2015. Please send money.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

You mean like Cincy just did?

@McMurphyESPN: Cincinnati AD Whit Babcock says UC "likes to play occasional games" at Paul Brown Stadium. He said UC won't move all home games to PBS

@McMurphyESPN: Cincinnati announces it will expand Nippert Stadium, add premium seating, new press box, suites & loge seating. Will take 12-18 months

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The past 2 statements ref'd #winning and the fleet so what can she do next for the uss ct?

#B1GKISS
I'm hoping she says very little, is vague and generalized. If Delaney has approached Va and UConn she will be asked to do this and take the heat. Only people on the USS Ct would be wise to this and since we are considered beyond the milky way there is no threat to the process! If she starts giving specifics about the NBE, it means the odds are decreased that the B!G has offered.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Whatever the message is, it's going to be cryptic and nondescript. If we have signed some sort of "be quiet or else" deal with a conference, then I want to hear more "we are winners" and "we're monitoring the landscape" BS!
You beat me to it!!!!!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Or maybe an all-knowing wink.
I'm more into twitching now. I guess it could be considered the all-knowing wink!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

@McMurphyESPN: Cincinnati AD Whit Babcock says UC "likes to play occasional games" at Paul Brown Stadium. He said UC won't move all home games to PBS

@McMurphyESPN: Cincinnati announces it will expand Nippert Stadium, add premium seating, new press box, suites & loge seating. Will take 12-18 months

I have been saying this for a while. Cincinnati has always had that in their back pocket and now their AD (and ESPN) is playing that card pumping them up. USF and Temple are on the "bigger stadium" clock.

Reaction Score

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121218/SPT0101/312170156

"At Nippert, some of the new premium seats at would replace existing seats, so the project won’t add much to the current capacity of about 35,000. UC also hopes to improve the concourse with new restrooms and concessions, replacing the antiquated infrastructure that Nippert holds now."

Reaction Score
I'd like to know when she is going to address the BY with email. I'm not talking about restraing order (HFD) type language stuff.

Reaction Score
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121218/SPT0101/312170156

"At Nippert, some of the new premium seats at would replace existing seats, so the project won’t add much to the current capacity of about 35,000. UC also hopes to improve the concourse with new restrooms and concessions, replacing the antiquated infrastructure that Nippert holds now."

Smart press release. Basically they are updating the bathrooms and concessions and maybe adding a few boxes...yet press runs with a stadium expansion story that likely won't add more than a hundred seats. Hopefully Susan releases plans for new elevators at the rent that we can pump for 48 hours and hype our 40k modern stadium that doesn't need a facelift but only an addition.

Reaction Score
I'd just like her to acknowledge that we are in a tough spot, a strong athletics program is essential for the development of the university and community at large and athletics will be given all the resources it needs to compete and win at the highest levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom