Herbst and Manuel Contradicting Each Other | The Boneyard

Herbst and Manuel Contradicting Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First Herbst says that UConn wants to build a strong Big East:

"We definitely feel we should be in the Big East Tournament. .. We want to build a strong conference. UConn has been vital to it since the start. We want to make that tournament a success and I think we're needed there."
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-jacobs-uconn-men-column-1205-20121204,0,2751158.column

Then Manuel says:

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
UConn AD Warde Manuel: "If another conference wants to talk to us, we'll talk to them"

They're beginning to look ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I think she was referencing our ability to play in the BE tourney.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I don't think Herbst lobbying to get us into this year's BE tourney contradicts Manuel's comment.

Reaction Score
I think her quote was from the summer, not much correlation here.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
My first thought on the WM quote is: "Why even say it? Everyone knows were gone at the first opportunity" but then I think about being asked the question around conference realignment and answering it any other way would be just more cryptic but just as obvious. Unless he were to say we are committed to the big east which would have us collecting torches and pitchforks. So free pass Warde.

Reaction Score
I think her quote was from the summer, not much correlation here.
It was actually from earlier this week and in Jacobs' column this morning. One has nothing to do with the other though as others have pointed out.

Reaction Score
Stop the noise.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
do work warde!

any 1 else picture a version of big black when they see warde?
lmfao

Reaction Score
First Herbst says that UConn wants to build a strong Big East:

"We definitely feel we should be in the Big East Tournament. .. We want to build a strong conference. UConn has been vital to it since the start. We want to make that tournament a success and I think we're needed there."
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-jacobs-uconn-men-column-1205-20121204,0,2751158.column

Then Manuel says:

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
UConn AD Warde Manuel: "If another conference wants to talk to us, we'll talk to them"

They're beginning to look ridiculous.

Ridiculous is comparing two quotes that have very little to do with each other and declaring them contradictory. I'm sure Rutgers would like to make the BE tournament this year as well, but they're still going to the B1G in 2014.

Reaction Score
Warde is clearly confusing 'monitoring the situation' with 'taking control of the situation'...
Sounds like our boy is growing up...

Reaction Score
Ridiculous is comparing two quotes that have very little to do with each other and declaring them contradictory. I'm sure Rutgers would like to make the BE tournament this year as well, but they're still going to the B1G in 2014.

"We want to build a strong conference".

Reaction Score
"We want to build a strong conference".

C'mon man (or lady). "We want to build a stong conference" (under breath - "till we are not in it anymore"). Don't be so naive.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That Manuel quote should put the death the notion that Manuel is talking to the B1G in secrecy.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That Manuel quote should put the death the notion that Manuel is talking to the B1G in secrecy.
It's possible (and very unlikely) that we have a quituple-secret invite and that Manuel is a genius for turning down the ACC (also in secret). Another possibility is that Warde is a donut-loving dofus who stupidly botched the ACC invite. (Among other possiblities are that he's just an average AD who happens to be big-boned, or that he's a Michigan Man without quite enough pull to get us in the B1G right freaking now but is generally competent). What is not possible is that Warde got us the quintuple-secret B1G invite while being a donut-loving dofus.

Unless it was all Herbst's work. Which... is in the realm of possibility I suppose.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Hey, Susan and Warde? Shut up and lead.

Just shut up and lead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members