Her name is Dorka Juhász | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Her name is Dorka Juhász

Reaction Score
as someone whose last name has been constantly misspelled from a young age I stopped worrying about it by the age of eleven......... :eek:

Reaction Score
As someone whose last name has been constantly misspelled and mispronounced from a young age, I spent much of my childhood correcting people, and still do when it's needed. That's why I try to make a point of learning how to say and spell everyone's name correctly.

Reaction Score
I am sure people will continue to misspell athletes names. Here on the boneyard people spell Dolson's name Stephanie instead of Stefanie and she was one of the most popular players at UConn her 4 yrs.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
As someone whose last name has been constantly misspelled and mispronounced from a young age, I spent much of my childhood correcting people, and still do when it's needed.
Really? How hard is it to spell “cat?”

Reaction Score
Kylee Shook's first name was misspelled for four years on the Louisville boards - by posters who were die hard, long-time season ticket holders. It's not a big thing, but still....

I'm another guy whose last name has been misspelled and mispronounced for all of my 70+ years. I've gotten used to it, but it still hurts just a little when done by someone who should know better by now.

Reaction Score
If I had a dollar for every time someone has called me "Susan" instead of my real name, "Suzanne," I could buy Amazon from Jeff Bezos.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
People aren’t misspelling Dorka’s name. E.g. Dorca, they’re calling her completely different names like Jorka.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Don't presume pronunciation from spelling. My daughter's name is Caroline, pronounced "Carolyn".
Ducharme's first name is not pronounced "Carolyn". I was referring to her, not presuming anything.

Reaction Score
My last name is now a common first name and people spell and pronounce it wrong always leave out a syllable

Reaction Score
Don't presume pronunciation from spelling. My daughter's name is Caroline, pronounced "Carolyn".
The comedian Brian Regan uses those two names in a bit about forgetting and pronouncing names, using the pronunciation from Caroline per the spelling.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
People aren’t misspelling Dorka’s name. E.g. Dorca, they’re calling her completely different names like Jorka.
Maybe they are subconsciously thinking of Nikas dad name (Darka) so they are thinking it can't sound the same. Didn't say that right, but you should get what I mean.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Ahhh cat herding. Many years ago, during a time of lots of cat fighting on the yard (I know, hard to believe) I made this video from a commercial that was around at the time.

That was hysterical from start to finish, but the single best moment is Fishy’s
falsetto “it weren’t so bad.”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Norm Crosby would resemble this thread.
Leo Gorcy who played in the old Dead End Kids and Bowery Boys series, was a master of malaprops, mispronunciations, and name mangling. He would be an emeritus member of the Boneyard had he survived his death.

Reaction Score
Not Jorka or Dorkas, it’s Dorka. I’m seeing all kinds of spellings, maybe some autocorrect? But her name is

Dorka Juhász​

If I'm not mistaken, which I may be, the "sz" should be pronounced "sh". So You-hash. Right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom