HELP WANTED ! Defending Uconn on Espn forum. | The Boneyard

HELP WANTED ! Defending Uconn on Espn forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've read a lot of posts asking why Espn, other media, ncaa etc. dont bring up the topic of retroactive punishment when disscusing Uconn, apr 2013 Ncaat. Uconn is and has been getting hammered on espn and no one seems to get it or bring it up except Uconn fans obviously. The story as other schools fans understand it is simply rehashing what they have read on espn and elsewhere that never says anything about retroactive punishment.
A lot of people have been writing about it on the boneyard, It cant hurt and could only help if more Uconn fans try to post about it on other forums as well. Espn, Scout, Rivals, Sporting news, S.I., CBS, NBC etc.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The troll ratio is much to high over at espn.com. It's a losing battle.

THIS^

Why even bother? You're not going to change anyone's mind...
Waste of time

Reaction Score
I agree, I'm just trying to increase the Uconn to troll ratio more in our favor.

Reaction Score
I've read a lot of posts asking why Espn, other media, ncaa etc. dont bring up the topic of retroactive punishment when disscusing Uconn, apr 2013 Ncaat. Uconn is and has been getting hammered on espn and no one seems to get it or bring it up except Uconn fans obviously. The story as other schools fans understand it is simply rehashing what they have read on espn and elsewhere that never says anything about retroactive punishment.
A lot of people have been writing about it on the boneyard, It cant hurt and could only help if more Uconn fans try to post about it on other forums as well. Espn, Scout, Rivals, Sporting news, S.I., CBS, NBC etc.
It is not just the places you listed. All the local news networks and papers do not give the whole story. I have tried to explain it to family and friends and most say that uconn is getting screwed but it is going to be very difficult to convince other schools fans. Just like most of us hate teams like Duke others hate us just as much.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I kinda hinted at this in another thread, but imho UConn's PR department is just getting de-pantsed right now.

The school has a credible, compelling counter-argument to the ban, but is getting outmaneuvered in the media left and right. Even the clumsy old coots at the NCAA are eating UConn's lunch. It's embarrassing...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Stupid. Just stupid.

Who cares what they think.

Reaction Score
We should embrace the outlaw image. Become the UNLV of our time. The Oakland Raiders. The Piston Bad Boys. The Belicheck Patriots.
Everyone knows the NCAA is a farce. That college basketball and football is rotten top to bottom from its greed, to selling empty dreams to kids, to its mockery of the term "student-athlete."
And, let's face it, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. Well hell, we got three banners. Now STFU.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I want a train to hit the guy who started this thread.

Reaction Score

How many of those fans have ever tasted even one Championship? Even better, how many ever will? Our words/actions speak louder on the court.

Anyway what will convincing those idiots prove in the long run? Their venom will just return after our next Championship.

Reaction Score
I kinda hinted at this in another thread, but imho UConn's PR department is just getting de-pantsed right now.

The school has a credible, compelling counter-argument to the ban, but is getting outmaneuvered in the media left and right. Even the clumsy old coots at the NCAA are eating UConn's lunch. It's embarrassing...

They are absolutely getting pasted. I could sit here right now and write two pages about how much of a crock this punishment is. The tournament ban is making our program look bad, and more importantly, it's making the kids on the team look bad.

I'd like to see them rise up with a little more fury than the old, "We are disappointed with the decision and hope they re-consider" retort. Granted, we don't know how much good this would do. The media and the public clearly have not one ounce of sympathy for the Huskies, and they aren't going to let facts get in the way of the NCAA's agenda.

Reaction Score
I want a train to hit the guy who started this thread.
With all do respect, not that you deserve any, I try to teach my children not to say such stupid, immature, mean things by the time they turn 10 years old, I guess yours didn't or if they did you weren't bright enough to grasp the concept.( I was going to call you stupid but I decided to be polite ) Name calling and personal insults are one thing, but wishing bodily harm or death to anybody is a bit much and a little over the line. ( It's not humorous or funny unless your a complete loser. ) Grow up moron. You and your funster buddy.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
With all do respect, not that you deserve any, I try to teach my children not to say such stupid, immature, mean things by the time they turn 10 years old, I guess yours didn't or if they did you weren't bright enough to grasp the concept.( I was going to call you stupid but I decided to be polite ) Name calling and personal insults are one thing, but wishing bodily harm or death to anybody is a bit much and a little over the line. ( It's not humorous or funny unless your a complete loser. ) Grow up moron. You and your funster buddy.

Oh, no.

You'd better run, squirrel!...

Reaction Score
The people posting are probably fans of teams we destroyed on the way to our 3 NC's. Let them cry. We've still got the trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom