Help UConn SPT come up with short slogans for football game day pins. | The Boneyard

Help UConn SPT come up with short slogans for football game day pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know I probably shouldn't do this but what the hell...

>>The University of Connecticut Football Team will host seven home games during the 2015 season. The University will be producing a limited edition spirit pin for each of our home games that will contain a slogan, cheer, or chant customized for that game's opponent. You are invited to submit suggestions for pin slogans. One slogan will be selected to appear on the pin produced for each game and will be worn by Husky fans throughout the stadium. Slogans should be short (approx. 25 characters total), witty, creative, and prideful. Enter as many times as you like for any (or all) of the games! If your slogan is selected as one of our 2015 pins you will receive a Husky Spirit Pack! Thanks and Go Huskies!<<

Official entry form here.

Reminder - the SIX home games are: Villanova, Army, Navy, USF, ECU, Houston (must be counting the AAC Championship game as #7)

Get your beverage and snack of choice and sit back.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I had to make these at my on campus job for Student Activities. It was awful hahaha so arduous.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This brings me back to my days as a kid. My grandmother used to get these for me when I'd go to Penn St games. Got a whole slew of them from "No luck of the Irish" to "Trap those Wolverines". Always wondered who made them up. Curious to see what they come up with

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
PNFPTFETCDoPD!!!!!

(Please No Face Palms Today From Either The Coaching Decisions or Player Decisions)/

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UCFBfan said:
This brings me back to my days as a kid. My grandmother used to get these for me when I'd go to Penn St games. Got a whole slew of them from "No luck of the Irish" to "Trap those Wolverines". Always wondered who made them up. Curious to see what they come up with

The same way UCONN is trying to do now. They are fan submissions. The buttons themselves are sponsored by local banks and are all over town on game weeks. They are also always white on blue. Did the AD hear that? Not green, not brown, but blue as in the team colors. They ocassionally reverse them to blue on white for big games. Hmmmm...more B1G traditions.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
The same way UCONN is trying to do now. They are fan submissions. The buttons themselves are sponsored by local banks and are all over town on game weeks. They are also always white on blue. Did the AD hear that? Not green, not brown, but blue as in the team colors. They ocassionally reverse them to blue on white for big games. Hmmmm...more B1G traditions.

An example might be " 'Nova is No Go"

Reaction Score
How about "STOP the PINS then we'll WIN!"

Seriously... I swear those Pin's are a curse

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Have some fun with this. I submitted----- "Houston, you have a problem!"

I'm willing to bet a glazed doughnut that this gets picked assuming originality isn't one of the criteria

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Nova: Bend ova Villanova!
Army: Remember the Bronx!
Navy: Scupper the Swabbies!
USF: Steer the Bulls!
ECU: Pillage the Pirates!
Houston: Houston, You Have a Problem! (can't top this one!)

Edit: BTW, I did consider submitting "Lougar the Cougar". However, after consulting the Urban Dictionary, decided that probably would have been in poor taste.

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Villanova- "There is 'NOva chance..."
Army- "Goodknight!"
Navy- "Rams can't swim."
USF- "Remember 'The Kick'?" (Teggart, '10)
ECU- "E.C. Who?"
Houston- "Houston, You Have a Problem." (sorry, but that is just the best)
AAC Championship- "Diaco's Dogs want The Hardware."

Reaction Score
A chant or cheer for every game when we do anything to intimidate the opponent, sack, pick, run back for a score, penalty etc. And it will fit on a pin or a shirt or even maybe a tattoo!

YOU'RE IN THE DOG HOUSE !!! Our opponents do not see the pins in the stands but they can hear a well organized chant.
This slogan / chant covers every opponent and serves a dual purpose. Win or lose it is factual :D...I hate looking at my souvenir pins of losses.
Boo Hoo Hoo with the crying owl comes to mind...

Let us stop trying to do what other schools do and show we are of higher education and can think out of the box along with being original...Capture a slogan of our own and run with it on every game pin as they come into our house! Let every opponent know they are in the dog house audio and visually! Mantra game in game out and we finally start building s0me tradition...

Reaction Score
Just sent in my choice for USF. It's a little esoteric--lol.

"Bulls Are Udderly Deficient"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate