Help needed | The Boneyard

Help needed

Reaction Score
Help needed
I am in Florida & need some specific & basic advice as to today’s game. My tv has a firestick & I have internet in apt. I also have an iPhone. Boneyard friends, please help this computer moron…I get SNY on Long Island. Thanks, da60

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Help needed
I am in Florida & need some specific & basic advice as to today’s game. My tv has a firestick & I have internet in apt. I also have an iPhone. Boneyard friends, please help this computer moron…I get SNY on Long Island. Thanks, da60
If you have a Firestick and want to use it to stream the game, you need to add the Fox Sports app to your Firestick. But your tv provider needs to have the local Fox station and FS1 in order to use the app. You will use your tv provider credentials to login to the app.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
@da60 if you have SNY in NY, can't you add the SNY App to your Firestick and watch the game this way? It is my understanding that this is what the SNY App is for.

Reaction Score
We have Frontier cable in Connecticut which doesn't carry SNY and it has been frustrating trying to figure out how to watch the women's games. A friend was visiting and he was able to go into the nbc sports app and stream the game using his Cox sign in but since Frontier doesn't have sny, I couldn't sign in like he did.

I assume that I need to download and subscribe to sny. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can explain how to do do this. Thank you

Centerstream

Reaction Score
We have Frontier cable in Connecticut which doesn't carry SNY and it has been frustrating trying to figure out how to watch the women's games. A friend was visiting and he was able to go into the nbc sports app and stream the game using his Cox sign in but since Frontier doesn't have sny, I couldn't sign in like he did.

I assume that I need to download and subscribe to sny. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can explain how to do do this. Thank you
If Frontier carries your local Fox station and FS1, and you have a streaming device (for example a Smart TV, or Roku or Firestick), you can download the Fox Sports app (it's free) and login using your Frontier credentials.

Reaction Score
It looks like it worded using firestick.. We'll see in 3 hours.

Thank you. You help is much appreciated.

Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
If your tv provider allows you to watch your programming via the internet (phone, tablet, computer) you might consider investing in Virtual Private Network (VPN) software. Then you set your location to be where you live irrespective of where you are traveling. I have been using this approach to watch US programming from other countries.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
If your tv provider allows you to watch your programming via the internet (phone, tablet, computer) you might consider investing in Virtual Private Network (VPN) software. Then you set your location to be where you live irrespective of where you are traveling. I have been using this approach to watch US programming from other countries.
Don't you have to pay a monthly fee for a VPN?
The Fox Sports app is free to download and use.

Reaction Score
Fox sports App. As a follow up to my email above, I was able to download Fox Sports app as Centerstream spelled out - (thank you) but when I tried to play the UConn game last night, there was a message saying something like "not available". I think that was because I have Frontier and I signed in using my Frontier P/W. (I was able to view other non-Uconn games.)

SNY App:
However, I was able to watch using a SNY app on my phone and mirror to my TV. There was a message saying I need to sign in but then that went away and I watched it.

For the previous game, using the same SNY app, I could only get sound but no picture. I've tried to contact SNY to pay for the app but no way to talk to a person.

I don't know if the SNY app will work for the next game.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. I just want to watch the games.

Thank you.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Fox sports App. As a follow up to my email above, I was able to download Fox Sports app as Centerstream spelled out - (thank you) but when I tried to play the UConn game last night, there was a message saying something like "not available". I think that was because I have Frontier and I signed in using my Frontier P/W. (I was able to view other non-Uconn games.)

SNY App:
However, I was able to watch using a SNY app on my phone and mirror to my TV. There was a message saying I need to sign in but then that went away and I watched it.

For the previous game, using the same SNY app, I could only get sound but no picture. I've tried to contact SNY to pay for the app but no way to talk to a person.

I don't know if the SNY app will work for the next game.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. I just want to watch the games.

Thank you.
I'm only going to speak to the use of the Fox Sports app because I don't have access to the SNY App other than I would suggest that you download the app to your Firestick and login using your SNY credentials.
The only requirement for using the Fox Sports app is that you have access to the local Fox station and FS1 through your tv provider (Frontier).You will need to sign in with your TV provider credential (which you apparently did.) Usually you can not get to the game until SNY is on the air ( last night I was only able to get the game after 7PM). The game is usually not listed until 10 or less minutes before game time. If it is listed, if you select it, you of the screens may something like it is not available.
What I do is watch the screen that is counting down to the start time, then go back to the main Fox Sports app screen when it reaches 00:01, select the game and then select the Watch Live option. Caveat: this is my process when I am using the Fox Sports app on my Xbox S. I haven't used my Firestick this season, so there might be a slight difference in the appearance of the screen but functionally they should be the same.

Reaction Score
Thank you for responding.

I'll try tomorrow re: the timing issue and cross my fingers that is the isssue.

But, I think the problem is Frontier and I am going to have to hope the SNY app continues to work.

The good news is, I will be moving shortly and I will be able to get SNY there.

Happy New Year and again thank you for taking the time to respond..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom