HELP! I can't turn off these annoying e-mail alerts! | The Boneyard

HELP! I can't turn off these annoying e-mail alerts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've changed all my preferences as well as the alert preferences and turned off all notifications; I've ven manually gone in and de-classified threads as not-watched, but I still keep receiving e-mail alerts of postings.

And threads keep being adding automatically as a watched thread even after I have removed the designation manually (I also have my preferences set up to NOT watch threads).

It's driving me bonkers to receive the e-mails every few seconds!

HELP! HELP! HELP!

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Click on your name in the upper right. Go to "Alert preferences" and unclick all the boxes. Then go to "Preferences" and unclick "and receive email notifications of replies." Those steps did it for me.

Reaction Score
I've changed all my preferences as well as the alert preferences and turned off all notifications; I've ven manually gone in and de-classified threads as not-watched, but I still keep receiving e-mail alerts of postings.

And threads keep being adding automatically as a watched thread even after I have removed the designation manually (I also have my preferences set up to NOT watch threads).

It's driving me bonkers to receive the e-mails every few seconds!

HELP! HELP! HELP!

I know this one! In the upper right corner next to your username/Inbox is the word "Alerts". Click on it and you will see boxes you can unclick - including the emails when someone replies to a thread you've posted in.

Good luck!

Reaction Score
I've already done that, but they still keep coming! Does it take awhile for the changes to be processed?

Reaction Score
I've already done that, but they still keep coming! Does it take awhile for the changes to be processed?

Silly question but did you remember to click the "Save" button at the bottom after choosing your preferences. I've been known to overlook things like that before.

I know when I marked threads as "read" I needed to sign out of the Boneyard and then sign back in for it to take.

Reaction Score
I did indeed! Actually, I have not received an e-mails in the past 20 mins, so hopefully (fingers crossed), it was just an issue of the serving requiring time to apply the changes.

I'll be back if they start attacking me again.

Reaction Score
They're back! Without my looking at them (two threads which I didn't even look at) suddenly were added as watched threads and I received e-mails about them.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I noticed that threads I had participated in prior to changing the email setting still sent me updates. I had to wait until the thread died to stop receiving them. I didn't receive any emails from any of the topics I posted in post-change, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom